Top 7 Best Dating Apps for College Students
One of the most rewarding yet stressful periods of adulthood is college life. People get to experience freedom and adult life during adolescence. Undoubtedly, there are pros and cons to this freedom too. Due to hectic class schedules and study stress, students dating lives become a little dull.
It is nothing like Hollywood movies that includes booze, chips, and fancy dates. In reality, college life is not anything like shown in the movies. College students spend most of their time studying and attending classes. The busy schedule makes dating during college days makes a challenge. No worries, we have come up with a solution for you.
If you haven’t met someone on campus yet. All you have to do now is broaden your search to include a location where other people looking for romance congregate. No matter whether you live in a rural college town or an elite one, there is a dating app available for you. Let’s look at the best seven online dating apps, whether you’re searching for a short-term or long-term relationship.
RECOMMENDED DATING SITE
#1 Dating Site. Largest active member base at 16 million. Free to try!
An innovative new matchmaking service designed for sophisticated and ambitious professionals of all ages in the US. ! Free to Try!
Table of Contents
Best 7 Dating Apps for College Students: Our Top Picks
1. Tinder Review
Tinder is one of the most popular and best online dating apps for college students, with more than 57 million members worldwide. Since its launch in 2012, its consistently helped people find the perfect match. The interface is pretty simple. If a user is interested in someone, just right swipe the photo and left swipe if they are uninterested. Signing up is simple, requiring only a phone number, password, and email address, making it a quick and painless process.
Tinder, the king of online dating apps, has many features. Super likes, messaging options, and many other features are all available for your enjoyment. Tinder also offers a modern UI that is easy to use, making finding your next mate a breeze.
- This online dating app is for everyone seeking a variety of partnerships, ranging from casual sex to a one-night encounter to marriage and everything in between.
- Premium users can alter their location using the Passport feature, which means you can swipe on local singles in any city.
- Unlike some other dating apps, messaging does not have a time limit.
- Tinder’s “Explore” area allows you to go through profile feeds based on a shared interest, such as Social Causes, Gamers, Date Night, Creatives, and Animal Parents. For singles looking for love, coffee dates, friendships, and other activities, there are tailored “Discover” feeds.
- Tinder features a Face To Face function that allows you to video chat within the app.
- If you don’t live in a huge city, your possibility of getting a match may be lower. Most of the tinder users reside in big cities that count to approx. 76% reside in cities, while 17% live in the suburbs and 7% live in rural areas.
- You need a premium membership for right-swiping on more than 100 profiles within 12 hours.
- Because more guys are on Tinder than women, you’ll face fierce competition for the gorgeous local ladies.
- You only obtain a certain amount of data about your possible partners. Because creating a profile is simple and free, you’ll likely run into folks who aren’t serious about removing anything from the app.
2. Match.com Review
Another great online dating app down the line is Match.com. It is the second most popular and most commonly used app for college students. If you are a college student looking for just romantic relationships, this dating platform can help you meet the right person. Match.com has long been a dominant force in the online dating world. Many other dating apps have made significant progress in recent years, whereas Match appears to be unchanged from a few years ago.
Match operates based on a typical “catalog-style” dating algorithm. You establish an account and then search through other potential matches’ profiles to see whether they satisfy your criteria.
The match is most well-known for assisting singles seeking more passionate and dedicated partnerships. However, many users continue to use another app for online hookups, which may be a turnoff for some.
- To boost the number of matches, you can send your Match profile to other sister sites.
- Profile builder is available for easier account creation.
- Match.com has a global membership of nearly 8 million people.
- If you don’t discover a match during the first six months of your subscription, you will receive a free six-month premium membership.
- On this online dating site, there is an abundance of phony profiles and bots.
- It can be tough to cancel a premium membership subscription or turn off auto-renewal.
- There aren’t many female members who have signed up.
- Requesting a reimbursement from a dating site might be difficult.
3. Zoosk Review
Zoosk is a legitimate online dating site. This dating app doesn’t have bountiful features but has a huge user base that increases the chances of getting matched with fellow students and other users.
If you’re searching for other college students with similar interests, Zoosk is a perfect fit for casual dating and serious relationships, although some people nowadays are just trying to hook up. It is one of the most popular dating apps that can match you with the perfect partner for long-term relationships, casual sex, or dating. Check through our list of the top dating apps for relations if you’re searching for a dating service that is solely focused on serious relationships.
Zoosk, a California-based dating platform, was created in 2007 and has been serving US and worldwide users for over a decade or longer. The site is accessible via computer, Google Play, and the App Store (where it is the world’s best-selling online dating app). College students can choose the right person based on their dating preferences.
- There are numerous useful contacting tools to assist you in finding the appropriate individual, and a one-month subscription is all you need to do so.
- Authentic and verified profiles are serious about registering for a Zoosk account.
- Uses cutting-edge technologies and scientific techniques to pair individuals with the right match.
- Customers claim that customer service is unresponsive.
- Recently, we noticed that a portion of users is not actively available on this online dating app.
- Fake profiles are present, attempting to entice you away from the site in order to defraud you.
4. OkCupid Review
While OkCupid was once among the most famous dating sites, the market has since been swamped with alternative dating applications, causing it to become lost in the shuffle. OkCupid underwent a complete rebranding in 2018, giving the nearly 20-year-old matchmaking service a new look and feel.
They modified their tagline to “Dating Deserves Better” and blazed the way for the rest of the country with its bright, witty advertising that brilliantly plays on the DTF abbreviation. OkCupid has also made significant progress in making the app more inclusive of different genders and sexual orientations.
OkCupid claims that its dating app is more than just a swipe culture. In the past few years, OkCupid has been through lots of rebrandings and become one of the most internationally operating online dating apps among college students. You can take your college dating experience to another level by using a popular dating app like OkCupid.
Although OkCupid isn’t known for frequently changing its features, the majority of users think that the basic services it provides are enough. From likes to normal search criteria and communication options, the app is jam-packed with totally free features.
- For college students of all genders and sexualities, there is a high level of acceptance.
- Compatibility questions are used to improve matching.
- A great deal of public acclaim for fostering effective long-term relationships.
- The app has a track record of significant data breaches.
- Moderators appear to overlook a large number of phony profiles.
- Many people are still seeking hookups rather than long-term partnerships.
5. Coffee Meets Bagel Review
The classic real-life first dates are coffee dates. It’s a terrific opportunity to sit down with someone with similar interests and talk about your lives while sipping coffee in a cute, intimate setting. Other date ideas could be more interesting, but coffee dates are simple and effective. Coffee Meets Bagel also serves as a dating app. On the other hand, other hookup apps operate just the same, though perhaps not better, and offer many more alternatives.
Coffee Meets Bagel is a free Android and iOS mobile app that promotes itself as a location for long-term relationships. Its key selling point is that it provides users with daily, tailored matches called “Bagels.” The idea is to immediately connect with more excellent matches rather than aimlessly tapping random faces as you would with Editors’ Choice choice Tinder.
Coffee Meets Bagel is a breath of new air when it comes to dating applications for college students. Although the method appears to be informal and straightforward, using a matching algorithm allows people to gain a little more depth in their dating experience. Plus, most features are available for free, which is much like the cream cheese on this Bagel!
- Women are more responsive on this hookup app than on Tinder or OkCupid because users aren’t bombarded with connections and inappropriate messages. Setting up the first meeting is relatively simple.
- On the app, women outnumber men by 60:40.
- It does not necessitate a significant amount of time. You won’t be able to look at other people’s profiles, and you’ll only receive messages from those whose accounts you like.
- You can see how active a match is on the app and whether or not your message has been viewed by purchasing a premium subscription.
- Because you only get a certain amount of matches every day, you have little choice over who you contact and how many dates you go on.
- The matching method used by CMB isn’t the most advanced. Age, height, location, ethnicity, and belief are the only five factors to match people.
- Because the app isn’t as popular as Tinder, the user base will be limited unless you live in a major city. Hong Kong and Sydney are two cities where Coffee Meets Bagel is held internationally.
6. eHarmony Review
RECOMMENDED DATING SITE
Top dating site with over 16 million active members. Free to Try!
With so many online dating services and apps to choose from, meeting someone has never been easier, but if you’re a college student looking for like-minded, queer women, non-binary, eHarmony is the place to go. eHarmony is a major dating site that uses personality tests to match people who are like-minded and compatible.
eHarmony is based in Los Angeles, California, and was founded in the year 2000. Dr. Neil Clark Warren, a clinical psychologist and couple’s therapist who has worked in the area for over 35 years alongside his son-in-law, developed it.
The algorithm-based matchmaking that differentiates the eHarmony online dating site from its competitors, such as Tinder and Bumble, has substantially helped tremendously over the previous two decades.
Since its inception in 2000, eHarmony has assisted over 2 million people in finding genuine love. Among the most efficient and recognized online dating platforms for establishing long-term, meaningful partnerships are eHarmony.
- This dating app guarantees that you can find your perfect match as it uses advanced technology to find matches that are unique to your preferences, saving you time and effort from having to sift through thousands of profiles.
- The most significant advantages of eHarmony are the high quality of its members, the site’s ease of use, and its successful track record.
- The Compatibility Quiz improves your chances of meeting the right individual.
- Daily matchups are available. In-depth profiles that let you get to know a person before accepting a match.
- One of the few good hookup services with users interested in long-term relationships.
- Sign-up takes a long time.
- There isn’t a way to search for your favorite profiles.
- You can’t see the photographs from the match if you have a free subscription.
- Although eHarmony does offer a distinct dating app for nonbinary people and same-sex matches, there isn’t a large member base for these types of relationships.