130 Courage Quotes To Live Your Life To The Fullest
Are you one of those who are seeking some courageous quotes that can serve to live your life to the fullest? Or, some expressions of enlightenment to aid you to be bold enough to move ahead on living your life more extensively? If so, you have landed on the right page.
We have brought unitedly this delicately curated index of the 108 most uplifting courage quotes. We are sure that these quotes will prompt you to climb to your extent and ease you live life on your terms.
Table of Contents
♞ So, Ready For These Courage Quotes? ♞
Indeed, it is imperative to live your life to the fullest. A life lived without courage is just like a life lived half.
Do you know everyone has the aptitude to develop self-reliance and breathe a more adventurous life? Also, the good news is, courage is like tissue, the more you work on it, the more effective it will convert.
And the more you concede encouraging words and courage quotes like these to fuel your mind, the more apt you’ll be to tap into the provisions of courage that dwell within you.
So without making things complex, check out these 108 courage quotes compiled and curated from the inspirational personalities and movies. Allow these courageous quotes to pump your life and lead you towards the prosperous life you are looking for.
But before exploring the list you need to know about Courage.
❖ What is Courage? ❖
In simple words, Courage is the capacity to do something challenging still when there is a risk factor.
Also, there are different definitions of courage. Here are some of them.
“The ability to do something that frightens one; bravery,” and “strength in the face of pain or grief.” ~ Google
“The quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery.” ~ Dictionary.com
“The ability to control your fear in a dangerous or difficult situation” and “to be brave and confident enough to do what you believe in” ~ Cambridge Dictionary
“The ability to do something that frightens one; bravery” ~ Oxford Dictionaries
“Mental or moral strength to venture, persevere and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty” ~ Merriam-Webster Dictionary
“The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution; bravery.” ~ The Free Dictionary
☸ Types of Courage ☸
There are six types of courage they are:
⇰ Physical courage
This is the courage most individuals deem of initially: intrepidity at the risk of bodily harm or death. It entails amplifying physical strength, resiliency, and awareness.
⇰ Social courage
This sort of courage is likewise very casual to most of us as it includes the risk of social awkwardness or exclusion, unpopularity, or rejection. It additionally comprises leadership.
⇰ Intellectual courage
This addresses our eagerness to battle with challenging notions, to question our thought, and to the risk of making blunders. It involves discerning and speaking the truth.
⇰ Moral courage
This entails doing the right thing, especially when risks include shame, opposition, or the rejection of others.
⇰ Emotional courage
This sort of courage opens us to feeling the full spectrum of sentiments, at the risk of finding the negative ones. It is heavily associated with peace.
⇰ Spiritual courage
This strengthens us when we wrestle with enigmas concerning faith, purpose, and meaning, either in a spiritual or non-religious framework.
❣ Why is Courage imperative in life? ❣
You require courage to start something. When you commence something, there is a lot of vagueness. Uncertainty concerning the result or outgrowths, the uncertainty of the environment, uncertainty concerning whether you will be capable to garner the support you require, uncertainty about the response of others.
Courage is the mysterious flavoring that enables you to simulate despite your suspicions. Courage furnishes you the capability to put alongside your anxiety of failure and take the first steps.
Courage helps you subdue the fear of denial and engage your stakeholders. Courage enables you to strive for things that you have not adjudicated before, despite your concern of seeming silly.
⚔️ Here are the 108 courage-quotes that will inspire you to live life at its best ⚔️
1. “The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, despite being unacceptable.” – Paul Tillich
2. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” – Ann Landers
3. “At least three times every day take a moment and ask yourself what is important. Have the wisdom and the courage to build your life around your answer.” – Lee Jampolsky
4. “Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
5. “Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.” – Erica Jong
6. “I nodded, pretending to be a hundred times more courageous than I felt. But that was the thing about courage. Sometimes you had to fake it to feel it.” – Lisa Tawn Bergren
7. “It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.” – Erma Bombeck
8. “They looked at each other. They weren’t thinking anymore. The time for that had come and gone. Smashed smiles lay ahead of them. But that would be later.” – Arundhati Roy
9. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
10. “Some people won’t be happy until they’ve pushed you to the ground. What you have to do is have the courage to stand your ground and not give them the time of day. Hold on to your power and never give it away.” – Donna Schoenrock
💎 Courage Quotes 💎
11. “To boast wonder takes great courage. Being left speechless with joy is not for the weak. We forget to be surprised by everyday miracles, like toast springing up, the mesmerizing blue in the sky, or even simple friendships. To touch and remember this delicate sense of wonder, we travel. We deliberately let ourselves become tourists to welcome in this unique delight.” – Edmond Manning
12. “Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, ‘Get the hell out of my way, I’ve got things to do.’” – Unknown
Proven Dating Courses that works like a charm:
|The Tao of Badass||7 Simple scientific tricks to have any woman you want|
|How To Find The Man Of Your Dreams||Attract the Man of Your Dreams -- and Receive a Marriage Proposal in 12 Months or Less|
|Text Chemistry||Learn a special kind of text message that you can send a man right now that will unlock a hidden, ravenous desire for you.|
|The Devotion System||Learn how to avoid making these attraction-killing errors and reveal a powerful set of words I call a "Devotion Sequence" that make a man lust uncontrollably for you (even if he says he's not interested).|
13. “Everyone including YOU suffers when you refuse to BE all & DO all you can.” – Fela Durotoye
14. “If you could get up the courage to begin, you dare to succeed.” – David Viscott
15. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you are.” – e. e. cummings
16. “You can have the courage to climb the mountain, swim the lakes, go on a raft to the other side of the Atlantic or Pacific. That, any fool can do, but the courage to be on your own, to stand on your two solid feet, is something which cannot be given by somebody.” – U.G. Krishnamurti
17. “Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now but it can’t rain forever.” – Hailee
18. “Never be discouraged. If I were sunk in the lowest pits of Nova Scotia, with the Rocky Mountains piled on me, I would hang on, exercise faith, and keep up good courage, and I would come out on top.” – Joseph Smith, Jr.
19. “Sometimes, making the wrong choice is better than making no choice. You dare to go forward; that is rare. A person who stands at the fork, unable to pick, will never get anywhere.” – Terry Goodkind
20. “Nothing is always there. Not courage, not joy, not hate or hope, or anything else. We find courage, lose it, sometimes misplace it for years, and sometimes live in its grace for a while.” – Jonathan Mayberry
21. “Sooner or later, even the fastest runners have to stand and fight.” – Stephen King
22. “The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
23. “To look at something as though we had never seen it before requires great courage.” – Henri Matisse
24. “You can’t forgive without loving. And I don’t mean sentimentality. I don’t mean much. I mean having enough courage to stand up and say, ‘I forgive. I’m finished with it.’” – Maya Angelou
25. “Because no matter what they say, you always have a choice. You just don’t always have the guts to make it.” – Ray N. Kuili
26. “Courage is never to let your actions be influenced by your fears.” – Arthur Koestler
27. “Failure is not having the courage to try, nothing more and nothing less.” – Robin Sharma
28. “The only true measure of courage is perseverance under pressure.” – K.H. LeMoyne
29. “Too many people out there tell us what we can and cannot do but…they don’t know who we are, what’s put in us.” – Alex Rogers
30. “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Epicurus
31. “Believers, look up – take courage. The angels are nearer than you think.” – Billy Graham
32. “Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace.” – Amelia Earhart
33. “Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.” – Charlie Chaplin
34. “If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.” – Roopleen
35. “It takes courage… to endure the sharp pains of self-discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives.” – Marianne Williamson
36. “Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable, but they’re never weakness.” – Brené Brown
37. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. You can say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’” – Eleanor Roosevelt
38. “Acts of bravery don’t always take place on battlefields. They can take place in your heart, when you dare to honor your character, your intellect, your inclinations, and yes, your soul by listening to its clean, clear voice of direction instead of following the muddied messages of a timid world.” – Anna Quindlen
39. “Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.” – Omar N. Bradley
40. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
41. “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” – Maya Angelou
42. “If you want to do something courageous, try Love.” – Sean King
43. “It wasn’t until I found the courage to look in the mirror and say, ‘I Love You’ with conviction that I felt truly amazing! If no one loves you, love yourself!” – R.S. Lewis
44. “One of the most powerful life lessons is to recognize that no one can give you power, and many people don’t want you to have it. You have to find the courage to seize it, own it and hold on!” – Shannon L. Alder
45. “Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It’s courage that counts.” – John Wooden
Fix THIS Hidden Psychological Glitch To End Your Shyness and gain more courage For Good. WATCH THIS VIDEO.
46. “The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.” – Jim Hightower
47. “We learn to appreciate what we achieve, no matter how small the achievement, because we do it ourselves.” – Midge Rylander
48. “All our dreams can come true if we dare to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
49. “Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.” – John Quincy Adams
50. “Courage originally meant “To speak one’s mind by telling all one’s heart.” – Brené Brown
51. “If we never dared to take a leap of faith, we’d be cheating God out of a chance to mount us up with wings like eagles and watch us soar.” – Jen Stephens
52. “It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
53. “My message, especially to young people, is to have the courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards. This is my message to the young people.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
54. “Dare to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.” – W. Clement Stone
55. “If you’re only looking out for yourself, you will always be scared. But if there are other factors, other concerns and considerations driving you, you will always find the strength and courage to overcome the danger and the fear.” – J.H. Myn
56. “It’s the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance.” – Xiaolu Guo
57. “Real courage is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. Doing the unpopular thing because it’s what you believe, and the heck with everybody.” – Justin Cronin
“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.” – George A. Sheehan
58. “The secret to happiness is freedom… And the secret to freedom is courage.” – Thucydides
59. “We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing to our ultimate allegiance, not to nations but our fellow men within the human community.” – Haile Selassie
60. “All this will not be finished in the first one hundred days. Nor will it be finished in the first one thousand days . . .nor even perhaps in our lifetime on this planet. But let us begin.” – John F. Kennedy
Many have found the one they Love through these popular dating sites! Create an account with the one that best fits you Today! (Don’t leave your love life for tomorrow)
|eHarmony||A Trusted Online dating site for singles.|
|Sugardaddie||A dating site for attractive single women and successful men who have financial security and confidence.|
|be2 is one of the leading names in the online dating space with extreme brand recognition and a high quality user base of singles looking for that special someone. Promote through superb demographically targeted and themed landing pages.|
|C-Date is the leading casual dating site for those who beside their career want to live their passionate fantasies with someone who shares the same spirit. It is a fantastic and well-established casual dating offer, which works on both male and female audiences.|
|Singles50 is one of the world's leading dating agencies for single women and men over the age of 50. We help you find the right partner for a fulfilling, long-term relationship. Our objective is to show that love can happen at any age!|
|Academic Singles (Mobile)|
Academic Singles (Desktop)
|Academic Singles is one of the leading platforms for singles with higher education in the search for love. We are specialized in connecting single men and women, taking their affinity into account. Our objective is to help you find your perfect match!|
61. “Courage can’t see around corners, but goes around them anyway.” – Mignon McLaughlin
62. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.” – Bethany Hamilton
63. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali
64. “It isn’t for the moment you are struck that you need courage, but for that long uphill climb back to sanity and faith and security.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
65. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.” – Hellen Keller
66. “Risk anything! Care no more for the opinion of others … Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth.” – Katherine Mansfield
67. “Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail to practice being brave.” – Mary Tyler Moore
67. “There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater. But sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life. That is the sort of bravery I must have now.” – Veronica Roth
68. “We must have the courage to bet on our ideas, to take the calculated risk, and to act. Everyday living requires courage if life is to be effective and bring happiness.” – Maxwell Maltz
69. “And only weaklings…who lack courage and the power to feel they’re right when the whole world says they’re wrong, ever lose.” – Zelda Fitzgerald
70. “Courage is about learning how to function despite the fear; to put aside your instincts to run or give in completely to the anger born from fear. Courage is about using your brain and your heart when every cell of your body is screaming at you to fight or flee – and then following through on what you believe is the right thing to do.” – Jim Butcher
71. “Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties.” – Erich Fromm
72. “Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.” – Tori Amos
73. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends.” – Dumbledore, Harry Potter
74. “Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.” – Louise Erdrich
75. “Scared is what you’re feeling. Brave is what you’re doing.” – Emma Donoghue
76. “That’s what courage is. Taking your disappointments and your failures, your guilt, and your shame, all the wounds received and inflicted, and sinking them in the past. Starting again. Damning yesterday and facing tomorrow with your head held high. Times change. It’s those that see it coming, and plan for it and change themselves to suit, that prosper.” – Joe Abercrombie
77. “There are times of hardship when people forget the courage they need to keep fighting and survive. But I think as long as we have something to believe in – to keep close in our hearts – courage will never truly leave us. We only have to reach deep in our heart to find it.” – Sakura
78. “When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change. At such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.” – Paulo Coelho
79. “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – E. F. Schumacher
80. “Courage is being the only one who knows how terrified you are.” – Tom Clancy
81. “Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves, even when we risk disappointing others.” – Brene Brown
82. “I am not a courageous person by nature. I have simply discovered that, at certain key moments in this life, you must find courage in yourself, to move forward and live. It is like a muscle and it must be exercised, first a little, and then more and more. All the really exciting things possible during a lifetime require a little more courage than we currently have. A deep breath and a leap.” – John Patrick Shanley
83. “It takes a lot of courage to face up to things you can’t do because we feed ourselves so much denial.” – Zoe Saldana
84. “Love and peace of mind do protect us. They allow us to overcome the problems that life hands us. They teach us to survive… to live now… to have the courage to confront each day.” – Bernie Siegel
85. “She was beginning to realize people could survive most things. Not because they were brave or strong, but because there wasn’t any choice.” – Candice Proctor
86. “The brave may not live forever, but the cautious don’t live at all.” – Ashley L.
87. “There’s only one requirement of any of us, and that is to be courageous. Because courage, as you might know, defines all other human behavior. And, I believe – because I’ve done a little of this myself – pretending to be courageous is just as good as the real thing.” – David Letterman
88. “Wisdom equals knowledge plus courage. You have to not only know what to do and when to do it, but you have to also be brave enough to follow through.” – Jarod Kintz
89. “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” – Sarah Dessen
90. “Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.” – George Patton
91. “Don’t make assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.” – Miguel Angel Ruiz
92. “I believe that the most important single thing, beyond discipline and creativity, is daring to dare.” – Maya Angelou
93. “It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.” – Alan Cohen
94. “Love bravely, live bravely, be courageous; there’s nothing to lose. There’s no wrong you can’t make right again, so be kinder to yourself…have fun, take chances. There are no bounds.” – Jewel
95. “Have the courage to act instead of reacting.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
96. “Optimism is the foundation of courage.” — Nicholas Murray Butler
97. “Optimism is true moral courage.”- Ernest Shackleton
98. “Have the courage to act instead of reacting.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
99. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt
100. “Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.”
101. “It takes courage to examine your life and to decide that there are things you would like to change, and it takes even more courage to do something about it.”
102. “Be strong and courageous. But not be afraid; do not be discouraged. For the lord you God will be with you.” – Josh
103. “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” – Theodore Roosevelt
104. “Courage is nothing more than taking one step more than you think you can.” – Holly Lisle\
Do you want to discover your fullest inner potential? CHECK THIS!
⚜️ Inspirational Plus Courage Quotes ⚜️
105. “We must have the courage to let go of the past if we are going to grasp the future.” David DeNotaris
106. “To build your confidence and courage, take small risks where you have a good chance of succeeding.” Irene Roth
107. “Real courage requires wisdom.” Carey Kinsolving
108. “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.” Mark Twain
109. “Courage is not the absence of fear but the ability to carry on with dignity in spite of it.” Scott Turow
110. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” Walt Disney
111. “As you begin to embrace courage, you will be able to point your life in the direction YOU want it to go as opposed to being directed by others or by your fears.” S. Fullwood
112. “Nobody in this world has the authority to violate you and your boundaries in any way and you have to muster up the courage to raise an objection.” Jeffrey Dawson
113. “You cannot build character and courage by taking away men’s initiative and independence. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.” William Boetcker
114. “Finding the courage to write does not involve erasing or ‘conquering’ one’s fears. Working writers aren’t those who have eliminated their anxiety. They are the ones who keep scribbling while their heart races and their stomach churns.” Ralph Keyes
📜 Life Quotes 📜
115. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” –Babe Ruth
116. “Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement.” –W. Clement Stone
117. “Life isn’t about getting and having, it’s about giving and being.” –Kevin Kruse
118. “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” –John Lennon
119. “We become what we think about.” –Earl Nightingale
120. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” –Mark Twain
121. “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” –Charles Swindoll
122. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” –Alice Walker
123. “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” –Buddha
124. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” –Chinese Proverb
125. “An unexamined life is not worth living.” –Socrates
126. “Eighty percent of success is showing up.” –Woody Allen
127. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” –Steve Jobs
128. “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.” –Vince Lombardi
129. “The difficult thing is that vulnerability is the first thing I look for in you and the last thing I’m willing to show you. In you, it’s courage and daring. In me, it’s weakness.” – Brene Brown
130. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” –Amelia Earhart
To sum up, these are 130 courage quotes to live your life to the fullest. Hopefully, this piece of information may better help you to lead a prosperous life and make you enough confident and strong.
Forgetting the shivering sensation you have every time you feel things are slipping through your fingers and you’re losing control of your own life? Learn how to get more courage HERE!
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!
Author: Ruth Jesse
Ruth is a life coach who specialises in finance, relationships and career development. Outside work, she loves writing novels and guides for personal development.