Ways to Make Money on the Internet: Volume 3
We get a fair amount of visitors each day from simple Google searches. Recently, I have noticed an up tick in the number of people searching for ways to make money on the internet. I am sure this has a lot to do with the holiday season and many people looking for a quick way to make a few bucks.
Since it’s clearly a popular topic, let’s revisit it and get some new ideas.
Note: To set the expectation a little, understand that regardless of the claims you may see on the internet, it’s unrealistic to make thousands of dollars in 30 days. It takes time and work, just like everything else you want to succeed with.
First – let’s recap where we’ve been:
- 40 Ways to Make Money on the Internet was my first post on this topic and it was the result of a severe bookmark cleaning. To this day, I receive positive emails regarding this post so it’s a great place to start. It contains sites including the basics such as Adsense all the way through getting paid to review software.
- Make Money on the Internet: Part 2 was just that…part 2. It adds 10 additional ways to make money online including video submissions, getting paid to write a blog post, etc.
So here we are almost exactly a year since the last update. Here are a few of the sites that I have come across over the last few months.
- Smorty: Simply get paid to blog about topics or products. You can earn anywhere from $6 to $100 per “opinion”. They seemingly use Google Pagerank to help determine your pay. If your blog has been around for more than 3 months and it has a decent Pagerank, it may be worth checking out.
- Sell your pictures: If you have a knack for photography and need some cash, putting them online can make you some money. Check out fotolia or Shutterstock.
- Blogs need Writers: If you don’t have the time or know-how to start your own blog, get in slowly. Some blogs, even Dumb Little Man, are always on the look out for contributors. As many have noticed, DLM has a “write for us” link on our site. One of my favorite sites, LifeClever, is also searching for help. This is not uncommon in the blog world, most of us have real jobs! If you need some money – there is no harm in asking the blog owner of your favorite blogs if you could write a few articles.
- Mylot: This is an interesting social site that actually pays you to respond to discussions, start discussions, and refer friends. I say it is interesting because it seems to be a huge public forum that you get paid to contribute to. When you think of the ways you are all ready contributing to forums on the internet, this may be a way to collect something for your [cough] addiction.
- Tutor.com: If you are a brainiac, you can get paid to tutor people like me online. Help a student in Algebra, Geology, or whatever.
- Get A Freelancer: This site lists a ton of projects that need to be completed. If you have the skills for any of these, it could lead to some quick cash.
- Zilo: Setup an online store and never have to worry about shipping or inventory. They handle it all for you.
- User Testing: Review websites and get $10 each.
- DealDotcom: You get a 35% commission on things people purchase through your affiliate link. If they sign up people, you get a 15% commission on those purchases as well. This is a 2-tier affiliate program.
If you’ve made money online by doing something not listed in any of these three posts, let us know in the comments. You never know, you could help someone come up with holiday gift money.