While you can easily pair controllers with PlayStation systems by plugging them into the USB cable, Wii controllers use a button system to pair with the console. This process is known as syncing and takes only a few moments.
You can use the same Wii controller with multiple Wii systems, and you can even use your old Wii remotes with the Wii U console as long as you pair them correctly.
Follow the steps below to pair your Wii controller with the Wii console.
1. Power on your console.
2. Open the panel near the SD card slot to reveal the red sync button. In the Wii Mini, the sync button is located next to the battery slot.
3. Remove the battery cover from your Wii controller to press the smaller sync button. The lights on the controller will blink.
4. Press the sync button on the Wii. The blinking will stop and the indicator LED will show the position of your controller once it’s paired.
5. Repeat the process for any other controllers.
Syncing with the Wii U
The Wii U is compatible with traditional Wii remotes, the Wii U GamePad and Wii U Pro controllers. Use the following steps to sync any controller to your Wii U.
1. Open the Wii U Menu on screen and press the Sync button on the front of your console. This brings up the pairing screen.
2. Pres the Sync button again until you see the controller you want to sync with the system.
3. Remove the battery cover from your Wii controller to press the Sync button. If connecting a Wii U Pro Controller, press the button on the back of the controller. Lights will flash until it connects. When the flashing stops, the indicator light will show the position of the Wii remote from 1 to 4.
You can also pair new Wii controllers from the Wii U Home screen by selecting “Controller Settings.” From there, you can select “Pair.” Then, press the Sync button on your controller to complete the syncing process.
If you’ve synced a controller with one system, you’ll always need to sync it to use with another system.
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!
Author: Jay White
I started Dumb Little Man so great authors, writers and bloggers could share their life "hacks" and tips for success with everyone. I hope you find something you like!