You may want to merge two or several PDF documents, spreadsheets, or image files into one before printing, emailing, or saving.
Merging Files Using Adobe Acrobat
To merge two PDF files using the Adobe Acrobat Combine Tool,
1. Open both PDF files.
2. Select the PDF file you want to appear on the first page of the new document.
3. From the tool bar, click “Combine Files.”
4. Select “Add Open Files” and bring up the second PDF file to be merged.
5. In the second window, organize the PDF documents as you want them to appear.
6. Select the file size before saving. (A smaller file size is suitable for PDFs that will be emailed or printed. Larger file sizes are more suitable for high quality images.
7. From the main menu, click “Save As” and “PDF.” Type the name of the new merged file.
It is just as easy to merge several PDF files using the Adobe Acrobat Combine File tool.
1. From the main menu, click “File,” “Create,” and “Combine Files into a Single PDF.”
2. Click “Add Files and select the files to be merged, in the order you want them to appear in the merged document.
3. Click “Combine Files.”
4. From the main menu, click “Save As” and “PDF.” Type in the name of the new merged file.
Macintosh Users – Merging Files Using Preview
Macintosh users may merge their PDF files using the Preview program.
Drag selected documents you want to merge from the “Finder” onto the Preview icon. The Preview program will be launched and all selected documents will open in one document.
1. Launch Preview and from the “Open” menu select one PDF file to be merged. Open the Sidebar, which will show the selected PDF file.
2. To add another PDF file, drag the next selected file to the Sidebar, placing it in the order you want it to appear.
3. Organize the document pages inside the Sidebar.
4. Mac OS X (10.7) will auto-save the merged file as the first document opened or the file may be manually named and saved.
Merging Files Online Using PDF Merge!
You may prefer to conveniently merge PDF files online for FREE using the five-star rated PDF Merge! The merged PDF document size cannot exceed 15 MB.
1. Go to the PDF Merge! website and follow the prompts.
2. Click “Browse” from the toolbar to access the files stored on your computer. Highlight the files you want to merge.
3. Click “Merge” to upload the PDF files. Upload time will depend on the number and size of PDF files.
4. Click “Save As” and name the new (merged documents) PDF file.
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!
Author: Jay White
I started Dumb Little Man so great authors, writers and bloggers could share their life "hacks" and tips for success with everyone. I hope you find something you like!
- Web |
- More Posts(249)