Facing the truth is hard but something you need to do to succeed
There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting. Buddha It is sometimes very hard to hear the truth especially when it is not what you are hoping to hear. Nobody wants to be told that their lives are a mess because of their own doing? Nobody wants to feel judged, ridiculed and humiliated. Unfortunately, many times that is exactly what some of us need to make the necessary changes in our lives.
If hearing the truth is harsh when coming from someone else, how about looking yourself in the mirror and speaking the truth to yourself? How about looking yourself in the eyes and admitting that:
a) you are not doing the things you are supposed to do to get ahead,
b) you are unhappy in your relationships,
c) you are lackadaisical and,
d) or you will never be successful in anything if you continue to behave the way you currently are.
Even though it may be hard to hear the truth, facing the truth is the best thing for you to get into another gear.
Here are some tips that can help you to get to the place where you are happy and comfortable with yourself.
1. You must be willing to pay the price for what you want. Too many times people are not prepared to do what it takes to get what they want. It is all well and good to say that you want something, but are you willing to put in the work to achieve it? You will not reap the rewards if you are not willing to do the work. You must be willing to sacrifice for what you believe in.
2. Your dreams can become your nightmare. Your dreams can inspire you to want to work harder and sacrifice a lot of things and relationships in your life, but you must also be prepared to accept that your dreams can also be your biggest nightmare. The thing you love so much and want to aspire to be can haunt you like nothing else. It can keep you up at nights, keep you fighting when there is no fight left in you, and it refuses to let go because it is yours to have. Hold on and sacrifice, for your rewards will come.
3. Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Look at yourself in the mirror. The only reason you are not achieving your goals is looking right back at you. You can be all you want to be if you could only get out of your way. The biggest enemy you will ever face in life is what are those negative thoughts between your ears. If you can control those thoughts and turn them into something positive, you can do anything. Desist from focusing on negativity.
4. Become uncomfortable. Refuse to be comfortable. Whenever you are feeling comfortable, it means you aren’t growing; you aren’t achieving your best. The comfortable place, even though pleasant is not the place for you. Get angry and afraid when you are beginning to get comfortable because you aren’t achieving. When you are uncomfortable that’s when good things are beginning to happen. The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable. James A. Garfield
5. Your mistakes aren’t you. Accept your mistakes and learn from them but never forget that you are not a mistake, and you are never the mistakes you’ve made. Life is learning by trial and error, and your mistakes are just that. View them as a necessary part of life. Do not hide from them, see them as a teaching tool and use them to better yourself and others.
6. Be prepared to have enemies and lots of them. Some people are going to love you, and some will hate you for no reason than that they just want to. You must be prepared to accept that is just how people are. You must remember it has nothing to do with you and who you are. How you choose to deal with it is up to you. They will have to live with themselves, and so will you.
7. Are you living your life for you? Are you doing the things that you want to do or because someone else wants you to do them? Your only goal in life should be to live your life, not a life for someone else. You are your own person, and your life is yours, so do the things that make you happy and successful at the same time.
8. Are you standing out or fitting in? People who are satisfied with fitting in are not the people who are making changes in the world. The people making changes are those that are not happy with just fitting in and going along with everyone else. They are making their path. They are out there changing the world. Are you one of those people or are you just contented with being ordinary?
9. Are you failing at something? If you are not failing at something, do not expect to be successful at anything. Every failure presents an opportunity for you to become better. If you keep failing, make sure you fail better every time. Do not quick until you have succeeded. Do not give in to your failures. Your failures are only temporary if you keep working at becoming better.
10. Love yourself enough to do everything it takes for you. Do not give up on you. Do not allow anyone to make you give up on you. You are responsible for yourself, and only you can make things happen for you. It doesn’t matter what anyone says or does; it is up to you. If it is to be, it is up to me. Make that your motto. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. Mahatma Gandhi
It is normal to stumble. It is acceptable to fall but do not accept failure as the end. If you want to achieve your goals and dreams, commit to yourself and work hard to make sure, it happens. You cannot rely on anyone to do it for you. You must love yourself enough to want it badly for you. You will have hard times and difficulties but those are only for a moment. If you have failed time and time again keep trying because you cannot fail forever, and if you do be happy, you have been given the opportunity to do it again and again.
Rose Costas is a big believer in the power of facing your challenges head on and then boldly wear your scars to show others that they too can be triumphant. She is an accountant by profession with a new found passion for blogging and a future Author and best seller. You can join her on twitter, FB, or received an amazing free gift “34 Ways to Build Your Confidence Today”.
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!
Author: Rose Costas
Rose Costas is a big believer in the power of facing your challenges head on, then boldly showing your scars to motivate others. You can join her on twitter, FB, or www.positiveattitudesforlife.com