As I’ve helped more and more people find their passion, there are a few common obstacles that most fall into over and over again.
Finding your passion in life is, according to me, one of the most important things you can do, because there’s a reason you feel excited about some things and not about others.
You are on this planet for a reason.
You have things to do here that can contribute to humanity as a whole.
While that may sound crazy, it’s something I choose to believe, because it is empowering to do so.
Many people have beliefs that are negative but not necessarily true.
Would you rather believe something negative or something positive?
Let’s take a look at the five common roadblocks.
- Too Many Interests One of the first roadblocks people run into is that they have too many passions. It’s hard to choose.But the real truth is that once you start to drill down, you will naturally discover that there are only a few topics that you are truly passionate about.
Many topics may seem nice at first, but they are not what you truly want once you get into them, which is why it’s so important to take action and experiment.
You can’t know what a new ice cream flavor tastes like until you taste it.
- PerfectionThe second roadblock is perfection. You don’t have to be perfect to get started moving toward your dreams.You just have to get started. And when you get started, you’ll realize that when you take one step, the next step becomes clear. But nothing happens until you take action.
That’s exactly what happened to me as I started following my passion. I wasn’t sure of where I was going. And I definitely wasn’t doing things perfectly.
But once I got going, everything became clearer and clearer.
- ForesightYou don’t have to know exactly what is going to happen.We are creatures of habit, which means we like to do things that are comfortable, familiar and certain.
The problem is that it stops you from going after your passion, because you will have to face fears and you will have to learn new things on your path to realizing your passion.
Get comfortable with being uncomfortable and you will make tremendous progress.
- Know-HowAnother common obstacle is that people often believe that they have to know exactly what to do in order to make their dreams come true and achieve their goals.But that couldn’t be further from the truth.
You see, when you start going after something and set a goal, your unconscious mind will automatically start bringing the right things to your attention.
For example, have you ever started thinking about buying a certain car, and when you start focusing on that car you suddenly start seeing it everywhere?
That’s the power of your unconscious mind at work.
- Obstacles and FearsLast, but definitely not least are the obstacles and fears you will face on your path to your dream life.It’s not going to be easy, and even if you get started on your path, you still have to overcome the challenges you bump into.
This is how you grow as a human being.
You have to be willing to let go of the old, and embrace the new. You have to be willing to step outside the box and see what’s out there.
Finding your passion in life is not a shortcut to happiness.
It takes work, like anything else worthwhile. But it’s work that’s worth it. Well worth it.
What say you? What has been your biggest roadblock to finding and follow your passion?