Who doesn’t want to strive and become successful? Exactly, no one. Deep inside all of us, we have our own personal reasons for striving for success, and really, we all define success in very different ways whether it is for financial freedom or mere sense of accomplishment.
When you go to the bookstore, there is a reason that there are six thousand different books proclaiming to know the recipe for success; it’s one of the most sought after things on the planet. Ironically, we tend to think that the most complicated solutions are the most effective and we subsequently ignore the simple facts.
Simplicity is what makes everything possible and with every great feat, there were hundreds of small, simple decisions that had to take place first. Look at Google and their simplistic homepage; did simple work for them?
In this article I am not going to break some earth-shattering news or reveal a 10-step program to success. Instead, I want to refresh your brain a little, tip some simplistic approaches and get you back to basics. The simplest things are easily forgotten, have some of these fallen from your scope?
- Let go of the past. Act and apply in the present and shape up the future
- Utilize your failures as a guide towards success
- Do not try. Just do it.
- Make a list of your dreams. No matter how hard they might be to achieve, just sit down and write all your dreams down.
- Make a list of your goals and think how you can achieve them
- Use negative feedback and criticism to your advantage and better yourself
- If you want to be successful in someone else’s game (if you have a boss), play by their rules or create your own game.
- Make a list of your values. What do you value most and build your success upon them
- Keep personal time separate from business time.
- Your success depends on your failures as well as your achievements.
- If you are in doubt let someone else do it. Doubtfulness is saying I almost believe it. If you don’t fully believe it, leave it for someone else who does
- Avoid interruptions during your productivity time. Whatever it might be, work or family or some alone time, interruptions can throw you off for whatever it is you are doing.
- Determine your peak performance hours. Work at a point in day when you feel like you are most effective.
- Breath deeply and let go off any stress.
- Rest and relaxation plays as much an important part as exercise itself.
- Do not worry. All it does is gets you ready for negative outcomes.
- Think happy thoughts and there will be positive outcomes.
- Do not step back from the job at hand when fear subsides in you.
- Use your brain not only your heart.
- Eliminate emotions by letting go off the past and thinking about the present.
- What has happened in the past will most probably stay the same; you can’t change it. Instead focus on the present and live today instead of yesterday.
- Don’t let the time control you. You control the time.
- Time management is the most effective tool you can utilize and become successful.
- Create strategies and build credibility among your peers.
- Once again, forget the past and live it up in the present.
Those were my thoughts and what I practice and preach. Feel free to add more through your comments. Another key reason to becoming successful is following advice and suggestions so lets go ahead and use the comment section for that purpose.
Tip us on how we can become successful and for one day lets forget the blog is called Dumb Little Man 😉 .