For any business selling a product, the right product packaging should be a major consideration. Your packaging can say a lot about your brand, business, and, frankly, the quality of your products.
And we all know that getting the branding right is essential for the success of your business, too.
Although consumers buy out of necessity, it’s also a fact that most people buy with their eyes. When we see a beautifully packaged product with the right branding, it can be hard not to make a purchase.
Because of this, it’s important that you pay more attention to your product packaging. Whether you are going to display your products at a trade show or your local shops, make sure that they will stand out from your competitors.
When you are branding a product or business, the effects need to be across the board. This means that everything, from your logo to the packaging, needs to be on point.
Your branding will be useless if you neglect other factors. For example, make sure you pay attention to your logo as much as you do with your packaging.
What makes a great packaging?
Although product packaging should match your brand, it’s not a definite rule. In fact, keeping it simple can also be effective.
Other things to consider include:
- Make sure people know what your product is – either by showing the product or by telling them
- Ensure that it adequately protects your product
- Determine it fits your branding and your company ethics
- Ensure that it offers the best quality
- If you are going to use a cheaper packing, make it look stylish and chic
When it comes to packaging, you need to consider three things.
One, it should work for your business and brand. Second, the right product packaging should also do what it’s supposed to do and that includes keeping the product inside safe. Finally, it must also be easy to carry and transport to your customers.
Remember that everything you are doing is for your customers. Your focus should always involve your customers’ needs and wants.
Asking yourself the following questions can help:
- Is the packaging of my product easy carriable?
- Is it worth spending much money on?
- Will it force the customers to remember the product?
- Is it functional?
- Is it eye-catching?
- Will it be reusable or not?
The majority of the most popular brands on the market today have completely mastered their packaging. Think of Apple or Tiffany & Co. You’d know that a product is theirs even before you get to hold it.
Some things we can learn from the successful packaging of these brands include:
- Consumers are left with no doubt about whose product it is
- The packaging is made part of the experience
- They know who their target consumers are and design their branding and packaging around them
If you can incorporate these ideas into the branding and packaging of your product, then you’ll be well on your way to creating a successful business which people will know, love and, ultimately, buy from.
See Also: 5 Smart Ways to Boost Brand Awareness
*Article written on behalf of OSI Creative