20 Excellent Reasons To Join A Yoga School
Have you ever wanted to join a yoga school?
There can be many different reasons why someone would register to a yoga institute. Their reasons may be different and personal in nature but a yoga teacher training should always be thought of as an inward journey.
There are a number of benefits and reasons to take part in a yoga course at a yoga school. I thought I’d write a few down.
Table of Contents
- * You learn proper alignment of poses
- * You will receive physical assists during your practice
- * You can learn how to modify poses in a way that is unique to your body
- * You can deepen your physical practice
- * You learn some skills
- * You will learn challenging poses with one-on-one support
- * You can avoid injury and be safe
- * You can learn the art of expressing yourself
- * You get to meet some lovely people and find your yoga family
- * You can ask your questions
- * You become a teacher
- * You can explore your spirituality
- * You can take some time out just for you
- * You can connect with your true self in a deeper way
- * You can discover your strength
- * You can try something new with yoga
- * You can gain confidence in your abilities
- * Great food at yoga school
* You learn proper alignment of poses
Every person learns differently. Some are more visual and some are more auditory.
In a yoga class, you will learn according to your brain. You will learn proper alignment and do efficiently on your yoga mat.
* You will receive physical assists during your practice
Your teacher will give you hands-on assists while you’re in many of the poses. When you feel uncomfortable, you should tell your teacher and he will assist you.
* You can learn how to modify poses in a way that is unique to your body
When we opt for modifications, our body is better supported. These modifications help you build poses properly. An expert can help with these modifications. These also help if you are injured but still want to practice.
* You can deepen your physical practice
This goes without saying. The longer practice sessions under the supervision of an expert and proper alignment of yoga poses will help take your practice to a whole new level.
You will work on more challenging poses and sequences. You will spend some time delving into different elements of yoga philosophy during your practice sessions. This is also a good chance to try postures you never dreamed you would be able to.
* You learn some skills
When you practice longer than in a regular class, you will able to learn and find new yoga skills. This doesn’t always mean working harder but working smarter.
You learn yoga poses and sequences in an expert manner step by step. You will improve your flexibility and strength with your yoga sessions. You can even become a yoga teacher after certification.
* You will learn challenging poses with one-on-one support
If you want to learn some balances and poses, then you can learn it with the help of your teacher. It can give you the support you need and boost your confidence. When you come with some challenging pose,s you will get a full one-on-one support.
* You can avoid injury and be safe
You will be able to predict the abilities of your body and thus will be able to stay safe. Through your practice, you will be able to move through your life without getting hurt.
* You can learn the art of expressing yourself
You will learn to communicate. The effectiveness of this communication allows you to express what you want to express. You will learn better communication skills that allow you to translate your thoughts and feelings more effectively to others during your course.
* You get to meet some lovely people and find your yoga family
You will find new people and know about them day by day. These include your fellow students, teachers, and your yoga community. These people will most likely become your yoga family with whom you will be connected long even after the finish of your yoga course.
From our experience, the people you meet in the course of yoga training will be your spiritual family who will support you on your journey.
* You can ask your questions
It is a very effective way to learn. You can ask your questions on the spot as you’re in a pose. This is very different from just learning from YouTube or from CDs.
* You become a teacher
You become a teacher and registered in Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) after you finish your yoga training course. You will be eligible to start your own studio, find new students and earn your own money. You can develop your own unique teaching style that is authentic and mindful after certification.
* You can explore your spirituality
Yoga training rooted in a spiritual practice makes people very connected even if we share different beliefs. We live a more conscious lifestyle and focus on what matters most. You improve your awareness and feel connected to the higher power (God or Nature).
* You can take some time out just for you
Taking some time out from your busy schedule can be a guilty pleasure. This will give you a chance to relax, re-energize, and renew so you can be the best partner, parent, and employee.
If you feel that you don’t have enough time with a particular person in your life, you can join a yoga session with that person. You will enjoy your life during this time and feel happy.
* You can connect with your true self in a deeper way
When you learn how your unique body or mind works, you deepen your spiritual and physical practice. As a result, you walk away with a deeper sense of who you are as an individual. This will improve your confidence and help you sit easier in your own skin.
* You can discover your strength
You will test your will, ability to hold postures, your ability to speak in front of people and your ability to focus during your yoga practice. You will strengthen and stretch your abilities and you will feel mentally and emotionally stronger.
* You can try something new with yoga
A YTT gives you a fresh perspective on your practice. It will give you a chance to explore something completely different too. Whether you’re new to yoga or have been practicing for a while, there is always something new to experience.
* You can gain confidence in your abilities
You can learn the art of picking yourself up in a course. You will feel a new sense of how far you can go, how much you can do, and how amazing you are.
* Great food at yoga school
Yoga school offers a culinary experience, whether it’s the shared picnic lunches or the tea and flapjacks. Your yoga schools offer you healthy, fresh and great foods with fun.
Yoga teacher training programs are available in beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. If you want to grow spiritually and physically, give it a try.