11 Best Moisturizers for Dry Skin • Top Products of 2023
The skin is the human body’s primary line of defense against external microbes, chemicals, allergens, & other risks. This function of the skin is called the “skin barrier function.”
It’s one of the most important processes that the human body performs. Without a strong skin barrier, the human body would be prone to all types of diseases.
To function properly, the skin’s barrier needs water and natural oils. They keep our skin healthy, supple, & stretchy.
Without them, your skin will get dry. Extremely dry skin can lead to various types of health risks.
Before your dry & flaky skin starts impeding your life – you must visit a board-certified dermatologist. Even better – you should address this problem long before it becomes anything remotely serious.
You can do so by using a good moisturizer for dry skin regularly. We’ve reviewed the 11 best moisturizers for dry skin. Pick the most suitable moisturizer for dry skin as per your needs.
Table of Contents
Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin in 2022
- Top Consumer’s Choice: Cyabags 5th and Glow
- The Most Cost-Effective Face Moisturizer of 2022: Andalou Natural Purple Carrot
- Finest Moisturizer for Dry Skin with a Super-Gentle Formula: NIVEA Soft Moisturizing Creme
- Most Suitable Moisturizer for Sensitive, Disease-Prone Skin: Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream
- Finest Moisturizer for Parched or Irritated Skin: Eucerin Advanced Repair Body Cream
- Best Moisturizer for Acne-Prone Skin: St. Ives Moisturizer Collagen
- Best Hyaluronic Acid-Based Moisturizer for Dry Type Skin: Neutrogena Hydro Boost
- Best Oil-Free Moisturizer: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
- The Best All-Natural Moisturizer for Dry Type Skin: Weleda Skin Food Light Nourishing Body Cream
- Best Soothing Moisturizer for Dry & Sensitive Skin: Aveeno Calm + Restore Oat Gel Facial Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin
- Best Summer Moisturizer for Dry Type Skin: CETAPHIL Daily Hydrating Lotion
11 Best Moisturizers for Dry Skin: Detailed Insights
#1. Top Consumer’s Choice: CyaBags 5th and Glow
CyaBags is by far the best moisturizer for dry types of skin in terms of sheer popularity. This instant line smoother has countless takers worldwide because of its proven anti-aging properties.
This natural skin firmer can smooth out puffiness, wrinkles, & fine lines in just three to four days of use.
Originally, CyaBags was advertised as a clear cosmetic that was adept at hiding dry & puffy under-eye bags. But, users soon found out that this anti-aging moisturizer can also be used to combat dry type of skin.
Regular use is guaranteed to give users glowing, refreshed, & youthful skin that can retain moisture with maximum efficiency.
Bear in mind- the CyaBags moisturizer was designed to be used around the eye area. The skin in this region of the face is quite thin and loose.
So, this incredibly gentle formula is not at all harmful to sensitive skin. Users with sensitive skin types don’t need to ask their dermatologists to use CyaBags.
Small applications of this serum daily aren’t risky at all.
On the contrary, using CyaBags as a nighttime moisturizer will help users preserve their youthful appearances. More importantly, it will protect & enrichen the skin barrier, making it smoother, firmer, & super-hydrated.
Regardless of your skin type, you can use the CyaBags instant line smoother to give your skin a healthy glow.
How Does CyaBags Work?
This moisturizer’s formulated with various potent ingredients. It’s packed with peptides that hydrate skin & promote the production of collagen. Collagen is the ultimate ‘skin food.’
It repairs dry and damaged skin. This moisturizer also contains Dipeptide 2 – a synthetic peptide that’s famous for resolving dark circles & undereye bag puffiness.
These ingredients combine to add elasticity & firmness to the skin. Other ingredients like hyaluronic acid help hydrate the skin & calm irritation.
Besides hyaluronic acid, CyaBags is also packed with vitamins C, E, and other beneficial ingredients that protect the skin from radical damage. Within one month of regularly using the CyaBags moisturizer, you can successfully combat dry skin.
- It has proven anti-aging benefits
- All the ingredients are 100% safe for human use, even for those who have skin prone to rash or acne
- Excellent at keeping the skin hydrated & smoothing out wrinkles for both males & females
- CyaBags comes with a money-back guarantee
- Should not be used on children’s skin
- Only available for purchase on the company’s official website
- Basic Price: One bottle costs $49.95
- Advanced Price: Three bottles cost $119.95
- Premium Price: Six bottles cost $199.95
Full Article: Cyabags 5th and Glow Reviews 2022: Does it Really Work?
#2. The Most Cost-Effective Face Moisturizer of 2022: Andalou Natural Purple Carrot
The Andalou Natural Purple Carrot night cream is one of the best moisturizers for dry skin. It’s light, easily absorbable, & works on all skin types. It’s by far the best night cream on this list.
This night cream is packed with all-natural ingredients like cranberry juice, purple carrot, avocado oil, and a variety of antioxidants. They overnight to target wrinkles & dry spots.
This gluten-free & GMO-free moisturizer also promotes the production of elastin & collagen. By doing so, this rich cream makes the user’s skin firmer, more elastic, & less dry.
Some other notable ingredients in the Andalou Natural Purple Carrot night cream include – natural mineral oil, aqua & Dicaprylyl Carbonate.
These ingredients give users highly hydrated skin. Making this facial moisturizer a key part of your nighttime skincare routine will also give you a luminous complexion. Regardless of your skin tone, this moisturizer for parched skin type will drastically enhance your skin health.
How Does the Andalou Natural Purple Carrot Night Cream Work?
The USP of the Andalou Natural Purple Carrot night cream is that it helps renew surface skin cells. This light but rich cream penetrates the skin pretty easily.
Once the penetration is complete, the moisturizer helps form a healthy moisture barrier inside the skin. This barrier defends the skin against UV damage, hyperpigmentation, and other external threats.
The moisturizing components in this product work best at night. Users are advised to apply this moisturizer for dry type skin on their faces and necks after cleansing at night.
Overnight, the moisturizing ingredients will do their magic & enrich the skin.
- In addition to combatting issues related to dry skin types, this product also helps defend the skin against UV damage
- Regular use has an anti-aging effect on the skin
- Boosts elastin & collagen production which promotes more even skin tones
- Ingredients like Aloe Vera hydrate help the skin retain moisture more efficiently
- Not a fragrance-free moisturizer; some users dislike the strong tangy scent in this moisturizer
- Not 100% free of oil, so users who are allergic to natural or mineral oils have felt mild burning sensations
- Basic Price: $34.99 per package
- Advanced Price: $21.00 per package (on Amazon)
#3. Finest Moisturizer for Dry Skin Types with a Super-Gentle Formula: NIVEA Soft Moisturizing Creme
People with sensitive and itchy skin will love using Nivea Soft. This fragrance-free moisturizer can hydrate the thirstiest skin while promoting collagen production.
Nivea Soft is packed with Vitamin E and Jojoba Oil – two nourishing & moisturizing ingredients that the skin absorbs in an instant. Once these ingredients are absorbed by the skin, they promote instant healing & hydration.
Ingredients like jojoba oil, Dimethicone, Lanolin, & Linalool also promote the surface-level renewal of skin cells and aid beauty. Once dead, damaged skin cells start regenerating – the skin naturally feels moister & healthier.
If your skin is moist & healthy, you’re less likely to suffer from clogged pores, lines, & wrinkles. These intrinsic qualities make this fragrance-free product one of the best moisturizers for any sensitive, dry, and dull skin type.
How Does Nivea Soft Work?
Nivea Soft is one of those ultra-flexible facial moisturizers formulated for use on any part of the body, anytime. You can apply this thick fragrance-free moisturizer to your face, body, and hands.
For best results, use it both in the morning and at night. This thick product only feels a bit greasy but it blends in perfectly well with the skin. It doesn’t leave any white marks, casts, or dull spots on the skin.
Instead, the glycerin in this moisturizing cream binds moisture particles to the skin.
This binding promotes intense hydration of dull and cracked skin. The Nivea Soft moisturizer for dry skin comes in a large-sized jar which makes this product even more appealing. It can easily fit in with your existing collection of cosmetics.
The ingredients of this Nivea cream are makeup-friendly as well. For instance, unlike most plant oils, jojoba oil absorbs quickly into the skin without feeling too oily.
The oil-free nature of this moisturizer for dry skin makes it a favorite amongst people with rosacea and acne-prone skin. They can apply this thick moisturizer to their faces, without feeling sticky, greasy, or uncomfortable.
- Ingredients like glycerin & jojoba oil promote intense hydration of the skin
- The Vitamin E in this moisturizer makes the skin firmer
- Can be used throughout the day, by people of all genders & ages
- Suitable for all skin categories
- Contains Myristyl Myristate, a rare comedogenic ingredient that many people are allergic to
- Not everyone loves the thick & dense nature of this cream
- Basic Price: $0.77 per ounce
- Advanced Price: $5.39 per jar
- Premium Price: $21.00 for a pack of 4
#4. Best Moisturizer for Sensitive, Disease-Prone Skin: Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream
Just because you have sensitive skin prone to acne, doesn’t mean you have to deal with dry skin! This moisturizing cream is the perfect example of how people with a tendency for acne can easily tackle their dry skin-related issues.
Kiehl launched their Ultra Facial Cream for the first time in 2006. However, this product was re-launched in 2019 – this time, with a new paraben-free formula.
This formula is great at hydrating and protecting sensitive skin. It can be used with an SPF in hot conditions. This moisturizer for dry skin can also easily withstand cold, dry climates.
These qualities make Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream the best moisturizer for year-round use, especially for those who have sensitive skin.
How Does Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Work?
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream is very easily absorbable. This cream has a lightweight texture. But, it’s potent enough to give the user’s skin hydration that lasts for at least 24 hours.
During the summer months, users are advised to apply this cream before using sunscreen. Don’t worry – the cream won’t create an uncomfortable oily film on your skin.
It will simply create a sturdy skin barrier that will remove all the dry patches on your skin. This moisturizer for dry skin also contains Squalan.
It is an ingredient that further strengthens the skin barrier. Ingredients like glycerin & Aloe Vera help the skin retain moisture as well.
- Hydration for at least 24 hours
- This cream can remove redness and sensitivity of the skin
- It moisturizes dry skin without causing oiliness
- This cream doesn’t contain any harmful or potentially allergic parabens
- Some users may find this cream slightly too thick and heavy
- It’s not the cheapest product on this list; cheaper alternatives are available
- Basic Price: $13.76 per Ounce
- Advanced Price: $23.39
- Premium Price: $26.50
#5. Most Suitable Moisturizer for Parched or Irritated Skin: Eucerin Advanced Repair Body Cream
Let’s say your skin is dry, parched, & red. You’ll need a well-rounded moisturizing product that instantly increases your skin hydration level without causing any side effects.
Eucerin’s Advanced Repair Cream is the perfect moisturizing product for such scenarios. This moisturizer’s packed with humectants, emollients, & fatty acids.
Fatty acids and other ingredients combine to boost the water content in the exterior layers of the skin. They capture water molecules from the atmosphere & push them inside the deeper layers of the skin.
The moisturizer also contains natural cholesterol – an ingredient that softens the skin surface and relieves the feeling of dryness.
How Does Eucerin’s Advanced Repair Cream Work?
Eucerin’s Advanced Repair Cream contains at least 5% urea. Various studies have proven how mild exposure to urea can help prevent water loss in the skin.
So, by applying this cream from Eucerin, you’ll reduce the chances of your skin losing water. Instead, ingredients like Ceramides-3 and natural oil will smoothen, repair, and hydrate your dry skin.
- 100% paraben free
- Gives users with itchy & irritated skin immediate relief
- Regular use is guaranteed to reduce your skin’s propensity to lose moisture
- Can be used by people suffering from skin conditions like xerosis, acne, etc.
- Contains lanolin so if you’re allergic to that ingredient, this product is not for you
- This moisturizer is slightly thicker compared to other cream formulas on this list
- Basic Price: $0.72 per ounce
- Advanced Price: $11.58
- Premium Price: $23.43
#6. Best Moisturizer for Acne-Prone Skin: St. Ives Renewing Collagen & Elastin Moisturizer
This luxurious cream is full of collagen & elastin proteins – two ingredients that people with a tendency for acne desperately need. That’s why the St. Ives Moisturizer is a favorite among people with acne.
More surprisingly, this moisturizer for dry skin is packed with cosmetic-grade mineral oils. These oil-based ingredients typically have a bad reputation in the skincare community.
But, the St. Ives moisturizer contains highly purified, cosmetic-grade mineral oils that create protective barriers on the skin. These barriers help prevent water loss & reduce the risk of acne & other skin-related issues flaring up.
How does it work?
This cream is one of the best moisturizers for dry skin to be used along with sunscreens. Apply it as the last step of your daily skincare routine to give your acne-prone skin hydration for 24 hours.
Regular use will also make your skin softer and smoother thanks to all the collagen and elastin in this cream.
- Works perfectly well for people with oily & acne-prone skin
- Made with 100% natural moisturizing agents like safflower seed oil & other such oils
- 100% Paraben-free
- Infused with elastin & collagen proteins that also provide anti-aging benefits
- Contains a preservative called phenoxyethanol; some users may be allergic to this ingredient
- Not fragrance-free
- Basic Price: $0.83 per ounce
- Advanced Price: $24.94 for 10 Ounces (Pack of 3)
#7. Best Hyaluronic Acid-Based Moisturizer for Dry Skin: Neutrogena Hydro Boost
If you love using skincare products that contain hyaluronic acid, you’ll love the oil-free, non-comedogenic Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel.
The latest edition of this moisturizing cream comes with 50% more hyaluronic acid. This makes this moisturizer lighter & easily absorbable.
It can promote deep hydration within your skin and quench your skin’s thirst for 24+ hours after application.
How does it work?
Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost Water Gel is the best moisturizer for people with extra oily skin. It won’t clog pores on your skin – it will attract and binds water to your skin instead.
This hydrating moisturizer travels deep inside the skin making it smoother, firmer, & more translucent. More importantly, the hyaluronic acid in this moisturizer gives the skin an instant boost of hydration.
- The oil-free and alcohol-free formula doesn’t clog pores
- Suitable for all skin categories, especially for oily skin
- Contains antioxidants that provide skin barrier support
- Regular use will also yield skin brightening & anti-aging benefits
- Not fragrance-free
- Contains synthetic dyes – some users may be allergic to these ingredients
- Advanced Price: $11.02 per ounce
- Basic Price: $18.74 per jar (1.7 ounces of cream in one jar)
- Premium Price: $23.45 for long-distance shipping
#8. Best Oil-Free Moisturizer: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
Want a proven moisturizing cream that’s been around for a long time? Then, the Cerave Moisturizing Cream is the best moisturizer for you.
Loved by people who have dry skin conditions like eczema, this rich cream is 100% fragrance-free. Although this thick cream doesn’t soak in the skin completely, it provides incredible hydration effects.
How Does the Cerave Moisturizing Cream work?
For fast results, users are advised to apply the Cerave moisturizing cream daily. This cream will intensely moisturize the skin so some post-application drying is necessary.
Yes, this cream will leave a waxy feeling on your skin for a while. But, that means your skin is getting exposed to nourishing ingredients like colloidal oatmeal & calendula flower extract. Both these ingredients help the skin retain moisture and provide protection from external influences.
- National Eczema Association (NEA) approved
- Fragrance-free, paraben-free, & allergy-tested
- Contains 24+ nourishing ingredients.
- Long-term use will rebuild the skin’s natural barrier & drastically increase skin hydration
- Some users may find this moisturizer to be too watery & creamy
- Not the best product for people with severely parched skin
- Basic Price: $0.89 per ounce
- Advanced Price: $16.89 per jar
- Premium Price: $25.93 for international shipping
#9. The Best All-Natural Moisturizer for Dry Skin: Weleda Skin Food Light Nourishing Body Cream
The Weleda Skin Food Light Nourishing Body Cream is on pretty much every ‘best-of’ beauty list out there. That’s because this moisturizer is 100% natural. It’s packed with calendula flower extracts, chamomile, pansy, sweet almond oils, and other biodynamically harvested ingredients.
Although this cream is relatively heavy, it’s still a public favorite because of its sublime, citrus-like smell. If you want a moisturizing product that also aids beauty, this heavy & greasy cream is for you.
How Does the Weleda Skin Food Light Nourishing Body Cream Work?
Contrary to popular belief, you can use the Weleda Skin Food Light Nourishing Body Cream as one of the face moisturizers. Apply it to your cheekbones, elbows, and other dry skin regions regularly for the best results.
This moisturizer is highly nourishing & delicious smelling. It is formulated with plant extracts that heal dry, rough, and damaged skin.
- Has a very soothing effect on the skin
- Can serve as a makeup primer
- 100% natural; doesn’t contain any synthetic preservatives or parabens
- Can be used anywhere on the body
- Some users have found this cream to be too thick
- People with acne on their face may find this thick cream to be slightly uncomfortable
- Basic Price: $7.22 per Fl Oz
- Advanced Price: $18.04 per bottle (2.5 ounces)
- Premium Price: $22.98 per bottle (international shipping)
#10. Best Soothing Moisturizer for Dry & Sensitive Skin: Aveeno Calm + Restore Oat Gel Facial Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin
Need a night cream that instantly soothes your skin? Then, the silicone-based Aveeno Calm + Restore Oat Gel Facial Moisturizer is the product for you!
This moisturizer can soothe all types of skin – including irritated and oily skin. That’s why countless people have included this moisturizer in their skincare routines.
This cream contains colloidal oatmeal powder – an ultimate soothing agent that has potent antioxidant properties. Oatmeal powder helps reduce moisture loss through the skin.
It’s also a natural prebiotic that promotes the growth of healthy bacteria on the skin.
How Does the Aveeno Calm + Restore Oat Gel Facial Moisturizer Work?
You don’t need to apply too much of this thick cream to give your skin some well-deserved protection. Just dab a few drops & spread them along your skin at night.
The Ceramides in this moisturizer will reinforce your skin’s barrier. Hydrating agents like Aqua, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide, Synthetic Beeswax, & Citric Acid will help retain your skin’s moisture levels.
- Provides instant soothing & cooling to the skin
- Long-lasting product as users don’t need to apply too much cream to get good results
- Contains Oatmeal powder – a rare but very beneficial ingredient for the skin
- Has antioxidant properties and can protect the skin from external radicals
- Not vegan or 100% natural
- Contains synthetic ingredients that some users may not like
- Basic Price: $17.14 per Fl Oz
- Advanced Price: $8.57 per tube
- Premium Price: $13.70 for two tubes
#11. Best Summer Moisturizer for Dry Skin: Cetaphil Daily Hydrating Lotion
In the hot summer months, countless people across the globe use skincare products from Cetaphil. This brand now brings a moisturizer for dry skin that anyone with sensitive skin will love using.
The Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion is ideal for people who have to deal with skin dryness caused by pollution.
This cream has a one-of-a-kind 5-ingredient complex formulation. This formula has been clinically proven to replenish, hydrate, and secure dry skin for 24+ hours after application.
How Does the Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion Work?
Ingredients like Shea Butter, Macadamia nut oil, Vitamin B5, and Vitamin E combine to hydrate & nourish the skin. Regular use will make your skin softer & smoother.
Shea Butter is also great at reducing skin swelling. This cream is non-comedogenic so it won’t clog your pores. It’s also non-greasy & fragrance-free so a wide variety of people can use this dermatologically tested product.
Apply this shea butter-based cream daily to get the best results!
- Clinically tested & proven to be 100% effective at nourishing dry skin
- Natural ingredients like Shea Butter give the skin maximum protection
- Doesn’t feel greasy even when used in the hot summer months
- Not ideal for use during the cold winter months
- Some users may find the natural oils in this cream unappealing
- Basic Price: 4.50 per Fl Oz
- Advanced Price: $13.51 per bottle
- Premium Price: $21.39 for non-US-based customers
>>Related Article: 7 Best Eye Cream for Dark Circles • Top Under Eye Products of 2022
How We Rank the Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin?
There you have it – the top 11 moisturizers for dry skin in 2022! We’ve meta-analyzed hundreds of reviews to create this list. Our experts also performed patch tests to determine the suitability of each moisturizer based on its specific skin categories.
Our main ranking criteria for these products were – value for money, customer reviews, quality of ingredients, & brand trustworthiness. Each of these products is highly rated by critics & customers alike.
They all contain good quality ingredients (like hyaluronic acid, shea butter, etc) that promote intense skin hydration. We only picked products that contain moisturizing components like hydrating ceramides, Aloe Vera gel, hyaluronic acid, etc.
Moisturizers with high chemical content, artificial colors, toxins, etc., didn’t make this list. All the products in this list are safe to use & feature strong combinations of moisturizing & soothing ingredients.
How to Choose the Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin?
Pick a moisturizer that suits your skin type. That should be your priority. Also, using different moisturizers during different seasons makes total sense.
We’ve mentioned how these moisturizers feel on the skin. Assess these details & pick a moisturizer that suits your preferences.
Conclusion: The Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin
A top-quality moisturizer for dry skin is an essential component of a healthy skincare routine. Moisturizers help users maintain the strength & health of their skin barriers.
If you are suffering from dehydrated skin, you’re guaranteed to benefit from using one of these top-rated moisturizers. They’re all jam-packed with nourishing, hydrating ingredients that aid beauty.
In terms of overall performance, CyaBags 5th and Glow is the most suitable moisturizer for dry skin.
It can be used throughout the year & it’s extremely highly rated by critics. The other ten products on this list are also worth your time.
But, if you’re looking to buy just one safe & proven moisturizer this year – go for CyaBags, you won’t be disappointed. It’s also the only moisturizer on this list that comes with a 365-day return policy!
>>Related Article: Facetory Sheet Mask Review 2022: Does it Really Work?
Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin FAQs
What is a Moisturizer?
Moisturizers are cosmetic preparations that lubricate, moisturize, & protect dry skin from damage. The best moisturizers for dry skin also have nourishing effects that make the skin healthier.
Which moisturizer is best for dry skin?
The CyaBags 5th and Glow moisturizer is the most suitable moisturizer for dry skin in 2022.
How can I hydrate my dry skin?
Regular use of moisturizers is the best way to keep your skin hydrated at all times.
Which brand is best for dry skin?
Cyabags, Nivea, Kiehl, St. Ives, Neutrogena, Cetaphil, & Weleda are some of the most notable brands in the skincare industry. You can consult a board-certified dermatologist for advice on the most suitable product.
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!
Author: Vanessa Richards
Vanessa is a mom of 3 lovely children and a software geek. Outside of her career as a health and wellness instructor. She enjoys writing and researching on topics such as finance, software, health and culinary.