Learn How to Cook and Prep Healthy Meals at Home
The lazy way out won’t work here my friends; you can’t consistently purchase healthy food at a restaurant. Sure, you can get their house salad (dry, oil on the side) but aside from that, I have a hard time believing that the food is made with your health in mind. Therefore, in order to really get moving on a healthy lifestyle, you have to prep yourself and your kitchen. This is something I failed to do. I knew the freezer held the peanut butter and chocolate ice cream and I knew the microwave would heat my Hot Pockets. Aside from that, I was a helpless fool in the kitchen.
In typical fashion, I found some resources that I now constantly refer to. While it’s only been four months since the big diet change, I have learned a ton from these sites. In fact, each of these are bookmarked on the laptop I have in the kitchen.
I am actually hoping that you all leave some good tips in the comment section so we can learn this one together. In the meantime, here’s to good cooking!
- 45 Cooking & Baking Tips – A Collection Of Timeless Wisdom : There are some unhealthy items here but very cool tips nonetheless. I just noticed this site has a part 2 as well.
- Don’t Be Boring: Here are links to perhaps thousands of videos showing you how to cook new stuff:
- FoodTube: Find a Video Recipe, or Add Your Own!
- YouTube: Searched for recipe within the How To Category.
- Videojug: Same thing, tons of videos.
- Google Video: Anything not covered above, is covered here.
- Over 100 Quick and Easy Recipes: WOW. All of these dishes take 30 minutes or less to prepare.
- 10 Healthy Snack Ideas Under 100 Calories: Note to everyone! Low Calorie doesn’t mean low fat.
- The Ultimate Eat-Out Eat-Healthy Guide: Cooking will not always be an option. Go out prepared!
Seriously, if you have some favorite tips on healthy eating or navigating the kitchen, please tell us about them in the comments section. Because I am mildly obsessed with this topic, the most practical, insanely useful commenter gets a copy of a good but over-the-top book named, Skinny Bitch. Here is a preview of of the book and yes, it totally applies to men. Just don’t bring it to work, your card game, in public etc.;)