- 1. What types of articles do you accept? What are the requirements?
- 2. How do I submit my article?
- 3. I submitted my article. When will I know if it is rejected or accepted?
- 4. My article was rejected. Why?
- 5. How do I edit my profile?
- 6. How do I change/update my website link?
- 7. How do I add my social media (Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, etc…) links?
- 8. The link to my Twitter account is not working. How can I fix it?
- 9. Can I have links in the body of my article?
- 10. Where are the links in the article I submitted?
- 11. Can I have dofollow links?
- 12. We are interested in sponsored posts. How much do we pay?
- 13. The social media sharing buttons on your website are getting in the way of the article I am trying to read. How do I get rid of them?
Here are answers to your most Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What types of articles do you accept? What are the requirements?
Please see our Writer’s Guide HERE.
2. How do I submit my article?
You can access our submission page HERE. You will need to create a DumbLittleMan via a social media login.
Don’t forget to fill in all the fields and click on the captcha box.
3. I submitted my article. When will I know if it is rejected or accepted?
Our Content Manager Diamond reviews new submissions every Thursday and Friday. Expect an automated email informing you if your article has been scheduled for publication or rejected.
4. My article was rejected. Why?
You can read our Writer’s Guide to see the common reasons why your article was rejected.
5. How do I edit my profile?
a. First, log back into the site via the Submit Page.
b. Click on the social media icon you used to register your account.
c. You will be redirected to the same page but you will now be logged in to your account. On the upper right hand corner of your screen, click on your name or photo. Click on “edit my profile”.
d. On your profile page, you can now add/change/update your website and social media links.
See Item #5.
See Item #5.
See Item #5. On the field for the Twitter username, put in your full Twitter URL. (Yes, ignore the instructions to add your username without the @) Ex. https://twitter.com/yourtwitterhandle
Yes, you can have links in the body of your article so long as they provide value. We allow two kinds of links:
a. Support links that provide references to studies, statistics, and facts mentioned in the article. These would commonly be .edu, pubmed, and other links from reliable sources.
b. Links to blogs or websites providing more information about the discussion at hand.
See item #3 in THIS example. For short trips, the author recommends going to a destination you can easily reach. And if reader wonders what these are, the reader can click on the link to read about the 52 most fun cities in America that the anchor text links to.
In this example, the link is natural and provides value to the ongoing conversation or discussion.
DumbLittleMan is not a website for building backlinks for SEO purposes, therefore we do not allow links on the body of your published article in general. Instead, we give credits to our contributors in author bio section where you get a nofollow link back to your websites and social media. The author bio section appears at the bottom of the page. We do offer sponsored posts for the right opportunity. Please mail us at [email protected] if you are interested.
In some occasions we do allow dofollow links, please mail us at [email protected] to inquire.
12. We are interested in sponsored posts. How much do we pay?
Please mail us at [email protected] to inquire.
We are so sorry for this usability issue. We are looking into a new plugin to use. In the meantime, here is a very easy way to get rid of these buttons.
a. First, go to the social media share buttons. Locate the bottom-most one. It is a blue square with a white crown icon.
b. Next, click on the crown icon. This will display the collapse button which will show up as two arrows side-by-side.
c. Click on the collapse button to hide the share buttons.
d. In case you want them to come back, you only need to click on the collapse button again.