9 Best Teeth Whitening Products • Top Teeth Whiteners of 2024
A brighter smile can double your desirability levels.
In a survey conducted by the AACD, 48% of US citizens said they’re attracted to people with bright white smiles.
That’s why 37+ million Americans have had professional teeth whitening treatment since 2020.
The appealing aesthetics of having super white, super bright, all-American smiles are too hard to ignore.
So, it’s not surprising that getting cosmetic dental work isn’t an expensive luxury anymore – it’s an essential need.
Millions visit teeth whitening clinics every year to get professional whitening treatment. In these treatments, cosmetic dentists erase teeth stains by applying various active ingredients to their patients’ teeth.
These procedures provide dramatic and instant results.
But, like most professional treatment procedures, they’re quite expensive. In-office whitening procedures can cost anywhere from $200 to $2000.
Unsurprisingly, for many, professional whitening treatment procedures are out of their budget. Thankfully, these people can use low-cost, over-the-counter at-home whitening products.
The Best Teeth Whitening Products of 2024
The best teeth whitening products in the market today rival the solutions provided by professionals. They provide noticeable results by effectively erasing major surface stains on the teeth and whitening them. These stubborn surface stains are the results of years of daily wear and tear. Teeth whitening kits designed to address such stains are not new inventions. But, thanks to advancements in technology, these home teeth whitening products are now more effective than ever.
From teeth whitening strips to gels to whitening toothpastes – there are countless products to choose from. We’ve assessed all the major healthcare professionals and reviewed articles on this topic. We’ve even used these tooth whitening products to find out which ones are the best.
Based on these factors, here are the 9 best teeth whitening products of 2024:
List of the Best Teeth Whitening Products
- Top Consumer’s Choice: Teeth Whitening for you
- Most Innovative Teeth Whitening: Dentist be Damned!
- Best Teeth Whitening Toothpaste: Crest Pro-Health Advanced Antibacterial
- Best Teeth Whitening Strips: Crest 3D Whitestrips
- Toothpaste for Removing Intrinsic Stains: Colgate Optic White Advanced
- All-Natural Teeth Whitening Product: Tom’s of Maine Natural Simply
- Fluoride-Free Teeth Whitening Product: Burt’s Bees Toothpaste
- Best Anti-Septic Teeth Whitening Product: Hello Naturally Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste
- Most Cost-Efficient Whitening Gel: MOON Whitening Anticavity Toothpaste with Fluoride
Let’s assess each whitening product in detail to determine which at home whitening solution is the best for you.
9 Best Teeth Whitening Products: Detailed Insights
#1. The Number One Consumer’s Choice: Teeth Whitening 4 You™
One of the best teeth whitening kits (if not the best) of 2024 is a digital based dental guide. It’s not a product that you can consume – it’s a product that teaches you the science behind teeth whitening practices. You can get Teeth Whitening 4 You in eBook/PDF format and learn all the essential steps to getting whiter teeth. This educational program was developed by Lucy Bennet – an expert in the dental field with 17+ years of experience.
In it, she explores all the “brilliant” teeth whitening devices in existence today. She reveals the hidden practices in dentistry and what some professionals do to keep the real treatments hidden. Most importantly, Teeth Whitening 4 You outlines the best natural methods people can use to whiten their teeth.
How Does It Work?
Benefiting from the “Teeth Whitening 4 You” educational program is very easy. There are step-by-step guides on how to prevent, stop, or reverse teeth discoloration. The author only mentions natural ingredients which are readily available at home. So, anyone can use this teeth whitening product. It’s affordable, easily accessible, and easy to understand.
That’s what makes this all-natural teeth whitening kit different from other solutions to this topic. The author criticizes various commercial approaches to teeth whitening and details their downsides. For example, she criticizes the downsides of using teeth whitening products that contain carbamide peroxide, calcium carbonate, and other chemicals. She also explains how these products may trigger teeth or gum sensitivity issues in users.
This program is strictly based on natural solutions. So, trying this out before you explore some other chemical-based whitening gels & pastes on this list makes total sense. You’ll learn about the commercial solutions you should AVOID due to their potential adverse side effects. There are also many home remedies to prevent teeth discoloration that anyone can apply almost instantly to their lives.
The book also details a simple concept – before spending thousands on cosmetic dentists, create a personal tooth whitening system/routine. Learn about the ancient and contemporary teeth whitening remedies recommended in this guide. Then, apply them to your teeth whitening journey.
- 100% safe and the information in it applies to people of all ages.
- Contains detailed information on many esoteric concepts like ancient, all-natural teeth whitening treatments.
- Users get whiter teeth and brighter smiles after weeks of following the guidelines mentioned in this program.
- There’s a 60-day money-back guarantee for unsatisfied users of this product.
- This program is only meant for people who have the patience to understand the science behind teeth whitening processes.
- Involves a lot of reading.
- The program costs just $37
#2. The Most Innovative Teeth Whitening Product of 2024: Dentist Be Damned
Dentist Be Damned is another interesting educational program on teeth whitening processes and techniques. Authored by Alice Barnes, a hygienist with an impeccably healthy dental experience, this educational program is highly relatable. She explains why she hasn’t had any dental issues for 15+ years. Her secrets and all-natural daily oral care routines are things that we can all relate to.
How Does This Work?
You can download Dentist Be Damned by Alice Barnes in eBook/PDF format. In the program, you’ll find step-by-step guidelines on how to get better oral health. For example, you’ll learn how and why people should avoid over-the-counter drugs for dental care in this book. You’ll also learn about the best teeth whitening techniques that only involve the use of natural ingredients and household products.
Try using natural, dental health-boosting ingredients like clove oil, capsaicin, etc. in your day-to-day life. Apply other lessons in this book like how to get rid of foul breath to your life as well. This DIY guidebook will help you kickstart your teeth whitening journey in a systematic and pragmatic manner.
- Super-easy to follow all the instructions in this DIY program.
- Readers get to learn how the dental system works before they spend their money on professional treatment.
- Can be used anywhere, anytime since it’s available in PDF & eBook formats.
- Very cheap compared to how much dentists charge to reveal the same type of information during appointments.
- Users must make the effort to make the most of this resource. Those who can’t won’t benefit from Dentist Be Damned.
- Basic Price: $197
- Advanced Price: $37 only if you order it from the website
#3. The Best Teeth Whitening Toothpaste of 2024: Crest Pro-Health Advanced Antibacterial
Crest isn’t new at manufacturing whitening pens and toothpastes. The brand is famous for producing at-home teeth whitening products. In fact, Crest produces the best teeth whitening strips. But, unlike the famous Crest Whitestrips, this product is a toothpaste that people can use every day.
How Does It Work?
Using this whitening toothpaste is a good way to integrate your teeth whitening efforts into your daily routine. You already brush your teeth every day. Using this whitening toothpaste on a regular basis makes total sense. Yes, whitening toothpastes don’t give instant results like gels and other professional whitening treatments do.
But, the Crest Pro-Health Advanced Antibacterial toothpaste provides guaranteed results as long as you use it regularly & consistently. This toothpaste is full of active ingredients that break down the surface stains on damaged teeth. They include – Stannous Fluoride, Sorbitol, Hydrated Silica, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Titanium Dioxide, and Sodium Hydroxide.
The hydrated silica in this product scrape stains off of upper & lower teeth. As these thin layers of stains go away, the teeth look whiter. The Crest Pro-Health Advanced Antibacterial toothpaste also offers good protection against plaque bacteria. Using this anti-bacterial product regularly will improve your oral health. The toothpaste will slowly whiten your yellow teeth and protect your sensitive teeth against – cavities, acid erosion, & bacterial damage.
It will also give you fresher breath. For best results, use the Crest Pro-Health Advanced Antibacterial toothpaste twice a day. Don’t expect this paste to fix your yellow teeth or gum sensitivity issues in a few weeks or months. But, regular use for 3 months or more is guaranteed to give you noticeably whiter teeth.
- Effectively removes surface stains
- Protection against plaque bacteria
- Keeps gums healthy as well
- Doesn’t provide instant results
- Contains very low levels of hydrogen peroxide – a key whitening agent
- Basic Price: $0.75 per Ounce
- Advanced Price: $14.99 for four 5 oz tubes of this paste
#4. The Best Teeth-Whitening Strips: Crest 3D Whitestrips
It’s impossible to make a list of the best teeth whitening products without mentioning the best teeth whitening strips on the market. The Crest 3D White Strips are one of the most brilliant teeth whitening devices in the current market. Unlike the less-effective Zimba teeth whitening strips, this product has the American Dental Association seal of approval.
This tooth whitening product can remove up to 10 years’ worth of surface stains on your teeth. This isn’t just a claim – it’s a fact that even the ADA has accepted since 2017.
How Does It Work?
These new-age Crest Whitestrips have no-slip grip designs. They stay on the teeth and come off easily without users applying too much effort. In one box, you’ll get enough Whitestrips to last for two weeks. Use one strip each day. Attach it to your teeth for 30 minutes before taking it off.
Within a few days, the whitening treatment will start. Within a week, you’ll have a brighter smile. The strips remove both intrinsic & extrinsic tooth stains. Since these whitening strips aren’t too adhesive or sticky, you can wear them any time. They’re thin enough to be carried inside a small pouch.
Just wear them for 30 days in the middle of your work and give your teeth daily whitening treatments. According to a 2004 study, these whitening strips contain 6.5% hydrogen peroxide. This active ingredient triggers the whitening process. Hydrogen peroxide breaks down all surface stains. It also eliminates any deeper stains affecting the user’s tooth enamel.
The hydrogen peroxide in this tooth whitening product is effective enough to remove teeth stains that are 10+ years old. But, the concentration of hydrogen peroxide isn’t too high to cause the user gum irritation. These qualities make Crest 3D Whitestrips the best teeth whitening strips of 2024. These strips last for 12 months (at least).
Users can buy large packs of this whitening product at discount rates. Use them for teeth whitening all throughout the year. One year of consistent use will yield results that any cosmetic dentist Dr. would envy.
- Ideal tooth whitening product for people with tooth sensitivity issues.
- Used and recommended by cosmetic dentists across the country.
- The advanced no-slip grip technology makes these whitening strips very easy to use.
- ·Has no strong lingering aftertaste
- Doesn’t contain carbamide peroxide, a whitening agent that yields faster results.
- Some users may not like using these whitening strips for 30 minutes every day.
- Basic Price: Each whitening strip costs $1.05
- Advanced Price: One pack of these whitening strips costs $45.99
#5. The Best Whitening Toothpaste for Removing Intrinsic Stains: Colgate Optic White Advanced
Unlike most whitening toothpastes, this product from Colgate removes intrinsic & extrinsic tooth stains. That’s because the Optic White Toothpaste contains two important whitening agents – hydrogen peroxide & fluoride. The combination of these two active ingredients makes this whitening toothpaste extremely effective for rapid teeth whitening.
The hydrogen peroxide combines with sodium bicarbonate, fluoride, and other ingredients in the toothpaste to protect users against cavities. Many users have claimed that they’ve seen differences in the colors of their teeth in less than 2 weeks.
How Does It Work?
Switching to a whitening toothpaste is super-easy. Switching to the Colgate Optic White Advanced is even easier. That’s because it has a refreshing taste and a smooth texture that most users love. More importantly, it contains chemical whitening agents like hydrogen peroxide & sodium bicarbonate. Other whitening toothpastes typically contain silica or calcium carbonate. These are mere tooth-polishers, not whitening agents.
While tooth polishers dull the surface of the tooth enamel over time, Optic White doesn’t. It bleaches your tooth enamel & gives it a true color upgrade. Of course, using it too judiciously may brighten your teeth a bit too much for your liking. But, using it twice or thrice a week is guaranteed to give you whiter teeth & a brighter smile. Smokers and people who drink a lot of coffee/tea stand to benefit the most from using this whitening toothpaste.
- Guaranteed results in four to six weeks of use.
- Special toothpaste just for whitening treatment – not for day-to-day use.
- Refreshing & tasty teeth whitening gel that all adults can use.
- One of the cheapest whitening treatments out there.
- Not suitable for children.
- Overuse could lead to excessively whiter teeth.
- Basic Price: $12.31 for a pack of three tubes.
#6. The Best All-Natural Teeth Whitening Product: Tom’s of Maine Natural Simply
Tom’s of Maine is a popular brand, especially in the “all-natural” segment of oral care products. The company’s products have high safety rankings and the same applies to Tom’s of Maine’s Natural Simply whitening toothpaste. There are two versions of this teeth whitening product. One is with fluoride and the other is without fluoride for users with sensitive teeth. In this review, we’ll focus on the non-fluoride version because it’s the more widely appealing product.
How does it work?
This all-natural whitening toothpaste’s key ingredient is hydrated silica – a super-strong whitening agent. The toothpaste is packed with naturally derived silicas that serve as strong but subtle bleaching agents for your yellow teeth. Are your teeth & gums sensitive? Then you’ll love using this all-natural whitening toothpaste that’s been approved for use by the American Dental Association (ADA).
The hydrated silicas in this whitening product break down when they come in contact with water. So, users don’t feel the presence of this ingredient in their mouths while they’re brushing. The silica-free gel form of this paste feels very good inside the mouth.
Meanwhile, the whitening agents in this toothpaste (like silica) remove surface stains on your teeth without stripping your tooth enamel. For quick results, users are advised to use Tom’s of Maine Natural Simply whitening toothpaste for 2 minutes every day. The gentle, whitening silicas pose no harm to users. Still, only kids who are over 12 years old should consider using this product (unless they get their dentists’ permission).
- The teeth whitening product doesn’t irritate sensitive teeth or gums.
- Smells and tastes like real mint.
- There are no artificial sweeteners or flavorings so even people with sugar or diabetes-related issues can use this whitening toothpaste.
- You’ll get whiter teeth within three to four weeks of using this whitening product.
- Doesn’t contain strong whitening agents like carbamide peroxide or calcium carbonate so don’t expect instant results.
- Since this product is all-natural, it costs more than your average whitening pen or whitening kit.
- Basic Price: $1.23 per ounce
- Advanced Price: One pack of 3 tubes (each 4.7 oz) costs $17.37
#7. Best Fluoride-Free Teeth Whitening Product: Burt’s Bees Toothpaste
For many people, using toothpastes that have high fluoride content results in extra-sensitive teeth. These people deserve teeth whitening solutions too and they have it in the form of Burt’s Bees Purely White. This fluoride-free, all-natural toothpaste is ideal for people who have extra-sensitive teeth.
It only contains natural ingredients like peppermint that remove stains, deep clean the users’ teeth and freshens their breaths. Most users also love the minty aftertaste of this whitening product.
How Does It Work?
All-natural teeth whitening products work differently than the ones that contain chemical ingredients like hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. You’ll notice that Burt’s Bees Purely White is a lot thicker than most home teeth whitening gels on the market.
It also produces less foam. But, that doesn’t mean that this all-natural whitening gel doesn’t keep your teeth and plaque clean. It contains naturally derived ingredients like – hydrated silica, xanthan gum, coconut oil, peppermint oil, Stevia Rebaudiana extracts, etc.
These ingredients combine to give users whiter teeth. They break down years of stains and marks both at the surface & deeper enamel levels of the teeth. It’s one of the best teeth whitening kits out there for people who like using all-natural products.
Even the tubes and cartons of Burt’s Bees fluoride-free toothpaste are 100% recyclable. This is also one of the best teeth whitening kits for children. Anyone 2 years or older can brush their teeth with this all-natural tooth whitening gel.
- Works just as well as Crest, Colgate, and other teeth whitening products that contain chemical ingredients like Fluoride.
- Ideal teeth whitening device for people with sensitive teeth.
- Safe for children over the age of 2.
- Many users love the essential oil flavors in this fluoride-free toothpaste.
- Not everyone will love the peppermint aftertaste after using this whitening gel.
- Doesn’t provide instant solutions. At least 3 months of use is needed if you want noticeably whiter teeth.
- Basic Price: $13.99 for 3 tubes.
- Advanced Price: Users can get discounts and pay around $7.98 (+ tax) if they take Amazon’s Subscribe & Save deal.
#8. Best Anti-Septic Teeth Whitening Product: Hello Naturally Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste
Hello’s lineup of antiseptic oral care products is very popular. Their naturally whitening fluoride toothpaste is a strong addition to this lineup of mouthwashes, toothpastes, and teeth whitening gels. Although Hello is a relatively small-scale company (compared to Crest, Colgate, etc.) its products have gained immense popularity. The main appeal of this teeth whitening toothpaste? It’s antiseptic and natural.
How does it work?
Hello uses a specific type of menthol in its products. It’s derived from farm-grown peppermint. This unique ingredient is an antiseptic and it kills the germs that cause yellow teeth & bad breath. Menthol also tastes awesome. The product doesn’t contain any alcohol, parabens, peroxides, or dyes. So, don’t expect to see fast results.
But, regular use of this naturally whitening fluoride toothpaste is guaranteed to boost your oral health. The toothpaste also doesn’t contain any preservatives or gluten. So, for vegan people, it’s one of the best teeth whitening products out there. This toothpaste can prevent cavities, strengthen your tooth enamel, and provide impressive teeth whitening results.
- Natural ingredients
- Vegan friendly
- Tasty and pleasurable to use
- Has antiseptic effects on users’ mouths and teeth
- Doesn’t provide fast results; 3 to 6 months of use is required for noticeable results
- Can cause mild gum irritation to users who don’t like fluoride-based tooth whitening products
- Basic Price: Each tube weighs 4.7 ounces and costs roughly $6.
- Advanced Price: The 3-in-one pack contains three tubes and costs $18.
#9. The Most Cost-Efficient Whitening Gel: MOON Whitening Anticavity Toothpaste with Fluoride
The MOON Whitening Anticavity Toothpaste with Fluoride is another product that has the ADA seal of approval. It’s frequently recommended by dentists to teenagers who want to prevent cavities and get whiter teeth.
How Does It Work?
This tooth whitening solution comes packed with effective ingredients like Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Fluoride, Hydrated Silica, and Hydrogen Peroxide. They combine to create the perfect “storm” for your yellow teeth.
Ingredients like Hydrogen Peroxide have a strong bleaching effect on the teeth. The fresh mint taste of this toothpaste is also very appealing to users. More importantly, this toothpaste contains anti-cavity sodium fluoride – an active ingredient that breaks down years’ old surface stains on teeth.
3-4 weeks of using this product (twice a day) is enough for you to get noticeably whiter teeth.
- ADA accepted and vegan friendly
- Made in the USA but comes packed with globally-sourced ingredients
- Very cost-effective
- Formulated without animal products or artificial flavors
- Can cause stomach problems if you swallow it too often (due to high Sodium Fluoride content)
- Not as effective as some other whitening solutions mentioned in this list
- Basic Price: $1.81 per ounce & $7.59 per tube
>> Related Article: How To Whiten Teeth: Complete Guide 2024
How We Rank the Best Teeth Whitening Products?
We’ve rigorously tested all the teeth whitening products on this list. Also, we’ve gone through each PDF & used each product (toothpaste, strips, etc.) on this list. Thoroughly evaluated their benefits too. Some factors we’ve considered include:
- Ease of use
- Cleaning efficacy
- How the products help patients with tooth sensitivity issues
After tallying several more of these data points, we’ve compiled this list of the best teeth whitening kits for 2024.
How to Choose the Best Teeth Whitening Products?
There are many types of at-home whitening products to choose from – eBooks, toothpastes, whitening strips, and more. Starting off your teeth whitening journey with as much information as possible is important.
The most important factor in choosing a product is the ingredients it contains. Go for products that offer all-natural ingredients. That way, you can ensure there are no side effects.
That’s why we’ve picked Teeth Whitening 4 You as the number one product on this list- to get the best advice on your overall oral health.
Conclusion: The Best Teeth Whitening Product
The Teeth Whitening 4 You educational program is the best product to kickstart your journey towards getting better dental health. Once you go through this eBook, you’ll understand the roots of your teeth-related issues. You’ll also feel more inclined to rely on cheaper, all-natural treatments & not expensive chemical-based solutions.
Of course, you’re free to use any product you want – chemicals or not. But, before you use them, learning how certain teeth whitening products may impact your overall health is very important. The “Teeth Whitening 4 You” educational program teaches these concepts in great detail. Plus, the program is 100% safe and offered at a reasonable price.
>> Related Article: 7 Best Supplements and Vitamins for Gum and Oral Health in 2024
Best Teeth Whitening Products FAQs
Are fiber supplements good for the teeth?
Fiber supplements help people avoid fiber-rich foods. Such food items often require more chewing. So, people with tooth/gum sensitivity issues may benefit from not eating such food items and taking fiber supplements instead.
What is the most effective product to whiten teeth?
Knowledge. Once you know why and how your teeth lose their whiteness, you’ll be better equipped to treat them properly.
What is the quickest way to whiten your teeth?
Cosmetic dental surgery – laser teeth whitening surgery in particular.