5 Best Sleep Aids Supplements and Program in 2022
Maintaining a good sleep-wake cycle is very important for your health. Sleep is the best way to rejuvenate yourself and reduce stress. Having a good night’s rest is important for maintaining a functional endocrine and nervous system.
Research suggests that 1 in every 3 people lacks the proper amount of sleep needed. This number is alarming and if as an adult you don’t get the recommended 7-8 hours of sleep every day, you need to do something about it.
There are thousands of sleep supplements but here is where you can start.
The objective of this article is to provide a helpful guide on Natural sleep aid supplements for people who have trouble sleeping. We know that stress is a major contributor to sleeplessness, so, we have taken the trouble of reviewing only the very best for you.
Table of Contents
- Best Natural Sleep Aids Supplements in 2022
- 5 Best Dietary Supplements and Program to Stop Sleep Disorders
- Shop at Exhale PM Official Website
- Shop at RemBalance Official Website.
- Shop at RemVital Official Website.
- Shop at Z-tox Official Website.
- Shop at The Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea Official Website.
- A Few Ways A Good Night’s Improves your health.
- How We Rank the Best Sleep Aid Supplements?
- How to Choose the Best Supplement for your Sleeping Disorder?
- Conclusion: Best Sleep Aid Supplement
- Sleep Aid Supplements FAQs
Best Natural Sleep Aids Supplements in 2022
- Top Consumer’s Choice: Exhale PM
- The Best Supplement for REM Phase Sleep: RemBalance
- The Best Sleep Aid Supplement for Quickly Falling Asleep: Sleep Faster RemVital
- The Best Sleep Aid Supplement for Weight Loss: Z-Tox
- Best Non-Medical Intervention: The Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea (Program)
Each of these treatments uses a unique approach to tackle the symptoms of sleeplessness.
5 Best Dietary Supplements and Program to Stop Sleep Disorders
#1. Top Consumer’s Choice: Exhale PM
Photo Credit: Exhale PM
The Exhale PM supplement is a mixture of naturally sourced plant extracts support healthy sleep. Instead of stuffing you up with a huge dose of melatonin supplements like other prescription sleep aids, Exhale PM contains 5-HTP, a naturally occurring amino acid that helps to keep you calm and make you fall asleep.
The ingredients used in the production of Exhale PM have been used for ages to solve sleep problems. As a dietary supplement, Exhale PM contains a good amount of Magnesium and other compounds that help the body manage stress.
Being able to have a restful sleep is very important to healthy adults. Exhale PM helps to improve sleep quality by supporting the body’s natural functions of producing the hormones and receptors used to induce sleep.
Developed by Health and Happiness Labs, Exhale PM was founded out of the personal story of Sam Robson. Sam was diagnosed with reflexive sympathetic dystrophy a rare nerve condition that causes insomnia. Exhale PM is the result of Sam’s quest to find the best supplement for sleep disorders
Ingredients used in the Production of Exhale PM
Photo Credit: Exhale PM
Exhale PM contains ingredients such as 5-HTP, Chamomile, Gaba, Valerian root, Reishi, Magnesium, Ashwagandha, Lemon Balm.
Every ingredient used in the production of Exhale PM is naturally sourced.
How does it work?
Exhale PM has by far the best combination of sleep aid ingredients. These natural ingredients contain compounds that enhance sleep by reducing the build-up of corticoids due to physical stress.
Formulated from very careful study and research, this dietary supplement doesn’t only help you fall asleep faster but also helps you stay asleep. Exhale PM is a completely natural sleep aid full of ingredients that protects you from the effects of sleep blockers such as Corticoid.
Each of the natural sleep aids used in the production of the Exhale PM supplement plays an important role in the dietary supplement’s objective to support sleep.
5-HTP: Also known as 5-Hydroxytryptophan, 5-HTP is an amino acid that triggers your body to produce Serotonin. By maintaining adequate levels of Seratonin, you can be able to manage anxiety and depression while increasing your happiness. 5-HTP is also good for controlling calorie intake as its consumers are likely to get filled from smaller meals.
Chamomile: Chamomile effectively blocks the effects of corticoids. Often brewed as tea, Chamomile can also be used to smooth inflammations or as a remedy for high blood pressure and diabetes.
Gaba: Gaba is a neurotransmitter. One of the natural Amino acids found in the brain, Gaba has been found to have a calming effect once released. It is particularly effective in subduing feelings of anxiety, stress, and fear. The calming effect of Gaba has also been used to support hypertensive patients.
Valerian root: There is more Valerian root than any other ingredient in Exhale PM. It is the go-to natural sleep aid. Exhale PM uses the anti-anxiety and anti-insomnia properties of Valerian root promote healthy sleep patterns amongst its users. Valerian root contains a substance called Valerianic acid which is good for activating the Gaba receptors in your brain allowing it to be used as a mild sedative.
Reishi: Reishi is a Mushroom that is effective for boosting your immune system and reducing the effects of stress on your body.
Magnesium: Magnesium Glycinate plays an important role in sleep. A lack of adequate amounts of Magnesium has been linked to sleep disorders and the inability to remain in a restful state. Magnesium is also necessary for maintaining muscle and nerve functions.
Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an adaptogen that supports your body’s ability to respond to physical and mental stress.
Lemon Balm: Lemon Balm is a time-tested remedy for stress and poor sleep quality. Lemon Balm is also used for rejuvenating the memory of people living with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- The Exhale PM healthy sleep supplement is manufactured in the United States within an FDA-approved and GMP-certified facility.
- The 180-day money-back guarantee offered by the manufacturers of Exhale PM lets you try out the supplement risk-free.
- Exhale PM is packed with natural sleep aids that can also help to stabilize your mood by combating stress.
- Using the Exhale PM supplement is a good way to safely combat your sleep disorder even in stressful situations.
- The Exhale PM supplement can only be purchase on the manufacturer’s official website.
- If you are currently on medication, pregnant, or breastfeeding, ensure to consult with your Physician.
- 1 month supply: $59 for 1 bottle with free shipping within the United States.
- 3 month supply: $147 for 3 bottles at $49 per bottle with free shipping within the United States.
- 6 month supply: $234 For 6 bottles at $39 per bottle with free shipping within the United States.
#2. The Best Supplement for REM Phase Sleep: Rembalance
Photo Credit: REMBALANCE
There are different phases of sleep. Each of these phases is deeper than the phase before it. There is four natural sleep cycle. Your body is fine-tuned to carry out more metabolic activities during the deepest phase.
RemBalance supplement helps you to burn more fat by maximizing the metabolic activities that take place in the deepest phase of your sleep cycle. the ingredients in RemBalance are natural sleep aids that ensure that you sleep long enough to enjoy this last phase (also known as the “fat loss dream state”).
Whenever you don’t get enough sleep to allow your body to enter the fat loss dream state, your body’s ability to release the crucial hormones necessary for natural weight loss is tampered with.
Some of the most important hormones assisted by controlled intake of the RemBalance sleep aid supplement include Leptin and Ghrelin. These are the hormones responsible for controlling your feeling of hunger and the sensation of being full. An imbalance in their production leads to overeating and excessive weight gain.
Controlled studies on the RemBalance sleep aid supplement users who take the recommended dosage of 2 capsules 20-30 minutes before bed have shown better sleep cycles and hormonal balance.
Ingredients used in the Production of RemBalance
Rem balance is wholly produced in the United States within a Good Manufacturing practice facility. Some of the all-natural sleep-inducing ingredients used in producing the RemBalance sleep aid supplement include;
Valerian root, Ashwagandha, Passionflower, Forskolin Extract, and Gaba.
How does it work?
Photo Credit: The Daily World
RemBalance supplement helps men and women enjoy an average of 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night. For people living with insomnia, this is a lot.
Because the RemBalance dietary supplement contains only natural sleep aids, it is not harmful or toxic. A conscious effort to support the effectiveness of this supplement by changing any lifestyle habit that may be causing you to lack adequate sleep will also go a long way.
To achieve its goal of helping people to fall asleep faster and for longer periods, the RemBalance supplement uses certain natural sleep aids (listed above) as its ingredients:
Valerian root: Prominently used by ancient Romans, Valerian root extract is a go-to natural sleep aid. It can serve as an anti-anxiety and anti-insomnia diet supplement. The natural properties of Valerian root promote healthy sleep patterns that allow your body to burn more fats. Valerian root contains a substance called Valerianic acid which is good for activating the Gaba receptors in your brain allowing it to be used as a mild sedative.
Ashwagandha: It is hard to fall asleep when your body is subjected to stress. Whenever your body is subjected to stress, it releases cortisol which increases the production of insulin and causes your body to store more fat. Ashwagandha is an adaptogen that supports your body’s ability to respond to physical and mental stress.
Passionflower: Passionflower has a calming effect on the body. When used together with Valerian root as is the case in the RemBalance formula Passionflower gets you to fall asleep faster. Passionflower also has the benefit of helping you stay asleep for longer periods.
Forskolin Extract: Also known as Coleus forskohlii, Forskolin Extract is a strong diet supplement that is effective in breaking down body fat.
Gaba: Gaba is a neurotransmitter. One of the natural Amino acids found in the brain, Gaba is often used in cognitive supplements for its ability to force your mind into a relaxed state. It is particularly effective in subduing feelings of anxiety, stress, and fear. The calming effect of Gaba has also been used to support hypertensive patients.
- RemBalance helps you get a good night’s sleep and burn calories at the same time.
- All the ingredients used in the production of the RemBalance supplement are naturally sourced.
- You get a 90-day money-back guarantee each time you purchase the RemBalance supplement.
- The RemBalance supplement is perfect for older adults who are overweight and unable to have a good night’s sleep.
- The RemBalance supplement is not recommended for pregnant women, lactating mothers, or anyone under the age of 18.
- Even though the RemBalance supplement is a good sleep aid and weight loss remedy, the speed of its effects on people varies. This is because of the difference in individual physiologies.
- Basic Price Per Bottle: $49 for 1 Bottle plus a $19.95 shipping fee.
- Standard Discounted Price: $132 for 3 bottles at $44 per bottle with free shipping.
- Premium Discounted Price: $234 for 6bottles at $39 per bottle with free shipping.
All orders of the RemBalance supplement for weight loss are backed by a 90-day money-back guarantee.
#3. The Best Sleep Aid Supplement for Quickly Falling Asleep: RemVital Overall Sleep Support
Photo Credit: Sleep Faster Rem Vital
Formulated by Dr. Dan Ritchie, is one of the few natural sleep aids put together by actual medical professionals. The Sleep Faster Rem Vital supplement is created to be safe for consumption to people from all works of life and does not carry any noticeable side effects as a result of its all-natural formulation.
Unlike most other sleep supplements in the market, the Sleep Faster Rem Vital supplement contains ingredients that have been designed to supplement each other’s strengths and support your efforts to get a good night’s sleep. The positive effect of this supplement on your energy levels makes it ideal for older adults.
The lack of artificial sleep-promoting chemicals makes this supplement ideal for prolonged usage. If you have trouble sleeping, using the Sleep Faster Rem Vital supplement will be a good choice as it will help your body to establish an independent and healthier sleeping pattern over time.
Ingredients used in the Production of RemVital
The ingredients used in the production of the Sleep Faster Rem Vital supplement includes Gaba, Goji’s Baychamomile, Valerian Root, Ashwagandha, Lemon Balm, L-Tryptophan, L-Taurine, 5-HTP, Theanine, Inositol, and Hops
How does it work?
When you sleep, your body moves through four different phases of resting. One of these phases is known as Rapid Eye Movement (REM). Most people will enter the REM phase within the first 90 minutes of falling asleep
All the ingredients used in the production of the Sleep Faster Rem Vital supplement are non-addictive. This means you can always step back from using it whenever you like. The REM phase takes around 20%-25% of adults’ total sleep cycle.
The Sleep Faster Rem Vital supplement supports deeper sleep to allow your body to maximize the benefits of the Rapid Eye Movement phase which include:
- Prevention of migraines.
- Improve your ability to manage stress and anxiety.
- Better metabolism.
- Sleep Faster Rem Vital supplements aid in the production of the right quantities of hormones in your body. Hormonal balance is vital for maintaining optimum sleep cycles and metabolic rates.
- About a third of Americans have to manage the lack of adequate sleep at a particular part of their life. Sleep Faster Rem Vital’s natural sleep-inducing ingredients gently repair the damages causing sleep disorders and live your body with a rectified ability to control sleep patterns.
- You get a 90-day money-back guarantee whenever you place an order for Sleep Faster Rem Vital on their official website.
- There are no recognized side effects of using Sleep Faster Rem Vital. Also, the manufacturers of the Sleep Faster Rem Vital supplement are trained, medical professionals.
- You may feel hyper-energetic after taking your first few doses. This feeling is however transient and will fade away as your body gets used to the contents of this supplement.
- The free shipping and return policies on this supplement can only be redeemed if you purchase your Sleep Faster Rem Vital sleep aid on the official product website.
- Basic Price Per Bottle: $49.75 for 1 bottle.
- Standard Discounted Price: $134 for 3 bottles at $44.95 per bottle.
- Premium Discounted Price: $199.75 for 5 bottles at $39.95 per bottle.
#4. The Best Sleep Aid Supplement for Weight Loss: Z-Tox
Photo Credit: Z-Tox
The amazing thing with Z-Tox is that supports your body’s natural function of burning fat without requiring you to go through any form of rigorous exercise.
Z-Tox is a completely natural blend of herbs and plant extracts that are toxin-free and ideal for promoting enhanced sleep quality.
It takes ab average of about 2-3 months only to be able to see concrete results of taking this supplement. This is why it is very important not to skip the recommended daily dosage of 2 capsules a day.
Z-Tox works well for both men and women over 40. The Z-Tox supplement reduces your appetite to help you manage weight gain.
Unlike other weight loss and sleep aids, the Z-Tox supplement takes less than 30 seconds to take. This is less stressful and gives you more time to focus on what is building a great life.
Ingredients used in the Production of Z-Tox
Photo Credit: Z-Tox
The natural ingredients in Z-Tox supplement that are helpful to people with trouble falling asleep include:
L. Acidophilus, Apple Pectin (fruit), Glucomannan (Root), Psyllium (Husk), Prune (Fruit), Bentonite Clay, Black Walnut (Huli), Oat (Bran), and Flaxseed (Seed).
How does it work?
The Z-Tox supplement enables to improve sleep quality in a way even natural sleep aids normally fail to do. Along with the sleep improvements you get, you will feel lighter and more energized than you have been in a long while.
The recommended dosage for Z-Tox to support restful sleep is 2 capsules per day. Just as for other natural sleep supplements, it is recommended that you take these capsules with at least a glass of water. This is so that they can digest quickly and help you fall asleep faster.
The natural ingredients used in the production of the Z-Tox formula contain some active compounds that are effective in increasing sleep quality and reducing sleep disorder symptoms even in older adults. These compounds include:
Calcium Carbonate: Calcium Carbonate is used by your body to regulate the amount of melatonin production by selectively triggering L-Tritophan; the amino acid responsible for Melatonin production.
Melatonin: Your body needs Melatonin to improve sleep quality. Although Melatonin is naturally produced in the body, the quantity of production decreases with age. Melatonin is one of the necessary hormones necessary for staying asleep.
Pyroxide HCL: Pyroxide HCL is a good energy booster. It acts as an initiator of the B6 vitamin which B6 vitamin promotes Melatonin biosynthesis.
Magnesium Citrate: Studies have shown the potency of magnesium in alleviating sleep deprivation. Magnesium Citrate is useful for controlling the amount of Melatonin in your body.
- The Z-Tox formula contains active ingredients that are effective for people who want to lose weight.
- The Z-Tox supplement supports metabolism and bowel movement.
- The Z-Tox supplement does not contain any artificially produced substance.
- The sleep-promoting and fat-burning ingredients in Z-Tox are effective for both men and women.
- Z-Tox is only legally available on the manufacturer’s website.
- Just like every other dietary supplement, Z-Tox is not meant to be used without the consent of a certified medical professional.
- Basic Price Per Bottle: $59 for 1 bottle.
- Standard Discounted Price: $147 for 3 bottles at $49 per bottle.
- Premium Discounted Price: $264 for 6 bottles at $44 per bottle.
#5. Best Non-Medical Intervention: The Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea (Program)
Photo Credit: The Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea Program
The Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea is every snorer’s guide for permanently ending snoring through the use of natural exercise. Using this sleep aid eliminates the need for sleep medications.
The Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea program teaches you to release the tension in the areas that are causing the snoring such as; the jaw, tongue, throat, nostrils, etc. The exercises in this program include only a few movements that do not take more than 3 minutes. These 7 easy systems to choose from all of which are easy and can be done by anyone who snores.
The Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea program was created by Christian Goodman, a natural health expert. Christian is the author of several successful online health programs focused on treating various health concerns and conditions.
Ingredients used in the Production of The Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea program
The Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea program is a non-edible solution based solely on exercise regimes. It does not contain any edible substances. It, therefore, does not use any ingredients.
The 24 exercises featured in this program include:
- 5 exercises on the throat
- 5 exercises on the body
- 3 exercises on the tongue
- 3 exercises on attitude
- 2 exercises on breathing
- 2 exercises relaxation
- An exercise on communication
- Numerous sleep positions.
How does it work?
The Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea program is an easy-to-follow program containing 23 gentle movements that you can do to relax the muscles in your throat, jaw, neck, tongue, nose, etc. The program has about 7 regimes to choose from based on the type of snorer you are. Each of this is regimes is complete with instructions and diagrams. It will only take you some 3 minutes to complete this program daily.
The Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea program exercises target the various causes of snoring and sleep apnea such as soft palate, narrow nasal passage, and jaw tension.
Before beginning the exercise regimes, the program helps you identify the possible causes of your snoring problem and helps you point to the solutions that may work best for you.
The program then proceeds to detail each of the exercise regimes. You can use only 3 minutes daily to practice any of the exercises even while watching TV or in traffic.
In conclusion, there are tutorials on the different sleeping positions you could take to combat your snoring problem.
- The treatment contained in the Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea program doesn’t need any medication or surgery
- You will get to enjoy a 60-day money-back guarantee and still choose to keep your copy of the program.
- The Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea program contains detailed instructions on exercises that help to address the root causes of snoring and sleep apnea
- You can access the digital versions of the program on any device.
- You can only purchase the Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea program from its official website.
- You need to be dedicated to following the entire routine
The Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea program can be purchased for only $49.
This purchase can only be made on the Stop Snoring and Sleep Apnea official website.
A Few Ways A Good Night’s Improves your health.
Good Sleep increases Your Sex Drive:
Sleep Apnea can cause low testosterone levels in men. Men and women who do not enjoy enough sleep also suffer from low sex drives.
Good Sleep Boosts Your Mental Wellbeing:
Your brain uses the period when you are sleeping to rid itself of toxins. The lack of adequate sleep can cause moody and irritable demeanors that can metamorphose into clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder.
Good Sleep Helps You Burn Fat:
Ensuring that you get enough restful sleep is a good way to burn fats. This is why some sleep supplements double as fat-burning supplements.
People who do not enjoy enough sleep have reduced increased levels of Gherin; the hunger-stimulating hormone.
Good Sleep Improves Your Immune System:
A lack of proper sleep makes it harder for your body to defend itself. Sleep deprivation has also been linked to increased heart rate and blood pressure.
When you don’t get the proper sleep, you become prone to contracting certain diseases you wouldn’t have with a more rested body.
Good Sleep Improves Your Productivity, Memory, and Mood:
People who have a good night’s rest wake up feeling energetic, happier, and much more in control of their mood. This bump in positivity increases productivity during the day. Your brain also uses a restful sleep to strengthen memories. Getting enough sleep makes it possible for you to easily process new information.
How We Rank the Best Sleep Aid Supplements?
One of the most important considerations for us is that the products we choose do not contain any harmful substances. This is why we tend to focus our attention on those that are produced in FDA-approved and GPA-licensed facilities.
All of the products discussed above were produced in the united states of America. Very careful emphasis was also placed on the results of randomized controlled trials on the effects of the various supplements available.
We took note of the objective and subjective sleep quality included in the reviews of the people who used these sleep supplements. For us, the best sleep supplements should be able to not only give you quality sleep on-demand but should also be capable of supporting your body’s mechanism to fall asleep on its own.
How to Choose the Best Supplement for your Sleeping Disorder?
While choosing a supplement for your sleeping disorder, you should ensure to seek the help of professionals who can provide medical advice. Taking the time to run effective research with the help of your physician will guarantee the effectiveness of whatever solution you choose.
Natural supplements that act as sleep medicine or medicinal food are a good choice as their ingredients do not contain artificial toxins that may be harmful to you. A quick read of the product’s label and user reviews will be beneficial in ascertaining the amount of artificially created ingredients.
The best sleep aids that help you fall asleep faster and longer will normally be produced in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certified and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) facility.
Conclusion: Best Sleep Aid Supplement
Before you begin to take any sleep supplements, ensure to consult a qualified medical practitioner.
Even the very best sleep supplements may contain substances that could react negatively with a medication you are currently taking.
All the sleep supplements in this list contain only naturally sourced ingredients that can help you fall asleep without having any harmful side effects on your body.
Sleep Aid Supplements FAQs
Q: What are Sleep Aid Supplements?
A sleep aid supplement is a formula that contains sleep-inducing ingredients. Sleep aid supplements are consumed by people who have a problem with their sleep-wake cycle.
There are many sleep supplements, some of which use a natural formula.
Q: How to stop Sleeping problems with supplements?
A very important source of treatment for chronic insomnia or primary insomnia is the use of sleep supplements.
- The use of sleep aids such as melatonin, zaleplon, and doxepin helps reverse some cases of insomnia.
- Narcolepsy (a neurological disorder of sleep regulation affecting the control of sleep and wakefulness) can be treated with wake-promoting supplements such as pitolisant, modafinil, solriamfetol, and armodafinil.
- Supplements such as gabapentin, and pregabalin can be used to treat Resatless Leg Disorder (RLS).
Q: Common reason for Sleeping problems?
Some of the common reasons responsible for stopping people from falling asleep include:
Mental Health Disorders:
Almost all people suffering from anxiety disorders need sleep aids to fall asleep. Phobias and panic attacks, depression, and schizophrenia. Generalized or severe anxiety is also another type of mental roadblock to sleep quality. Severe anxiety is characterized by persistent feelings of worry, apprehension, and uneasiness. Some of the symptoms of anxiety include finding it hard to fall asleep, stay asleep or even have a restful sleep.
Chronic Physical Conditions:
Chronic physical conditions such as heartburn, heart failure, musculoskeletal disorders, kidney disease, thyroid disease, and breathing problems can be a cause of snoring and sleep apnea.
These diseases reduce your body’s capacity for quality sleep and make it difficult for you to stay asleep for a long time. Some medications can also negatively affect your body’s sleep cycle.
Restless Legs Syndrome:
Restless Legs Syndrome is an intense disorder that causes an irresistible urge to move the legs. This sensation can be very uncomfortable and is normally triggered by activities such as lying down on the bed, sitting, or other forms of inactivity. Most times, people who have RLS want to move their legs or walk about to relieve the uncomfortable sensation.
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!
Author: John V
John is an avid researcher and is deeply passionate about health and finance. When he's not working, he writes research and review articles by doing a thorough analysis on the products based on personal experience, user reviews and feedbacks from forums, quora, reddit, trustpilot amongst others.