7 ways I Dealt With My Depression

3667

Somewhere in life we all go through the deepest layers of depression. Some survive while others keep drowning from one layer to other. It is very necessary to come out from this phase as it affects not only your mental health as well as makes you physically unfit.

in_the_moment

Like everyone else, I myself went through depression and I made a mistake of giving in somewhere between that phase and I had to suffer the consequences. Not only had I started getting sick as well as became mentally tired. But one day I sat down and wrote down 7 points and followed them regularly and in a matter of days I came back to the real world and started participating in life.

Here are the 7 rules I made to deal with my depression:

1- The 80-20 Rule:

While studying project management, we came across the 80-20 rule and for a moment it just clicked me. It says that only 20% of are problems are real the rest 80% is just the exaggeration of those 20% problems. The day we find out the reasons behind our 20% problems, we automatically solve the rest 80% without even moving. So try to find the core reason behind your major problems that are causing the depression.

2- Explore Yourself:

The most important part of growing up is finding out who you really are. Now it may take falling down, breaking up, getting hurt but in each case you’ll learn something new about yourself. The experiences are a must for exploring yourself and when you’ll find out who you really are, you’ll learn to face the reality and won’t get depressed.

3- Kindness:

This point helped me out the most. The day you become selfless and start doing little acts of kindness, you’ll feel this immense happiness and satisfaction from the inside. Kindness doesn’t mean going big acts it can be as small as giving a penny to a beggar you just have to help the moment you see someone in trouble. This will make you feel useful to the society and will help fighting depression the most.

4- This Too Shall Pass:

We all have that fear in our head that what if we will be stuck in this situation for the rest of our lives? But the truth is like good times don’t last forever, the bad ones won’t last either. If you are going through a certain phase in life like financial or family problems, you need to tell yourself this is not going to last forever. Just hold on, sit tight and remember “Nothing’s forever in this crazy world”.

5- Keep Away From Negativity:

“Negativity is a thief, it steals happiness.” Many times in life we have the optimistic person right inside but we are surrounded by so much negativity that we start thinking about everything the negative way. So if you are in that kind of surrounding then immediately get away from it.

6- Dream Big, Expect Nothing:

I find dreaming the most amazing feature in human beings because there are no limits or any boundaries so make sure to get as high aim as you can. It’s the very first step to ladder of success and if it’s not big enough than you can easily fall. I know Dreams scares us sometimes but if your dream does not scare you than it’s not big enough.
Then comes the expectation part, it is also one of the major cause of depression, we make expectations from others so high that when they are unable to fulfill them, we go through deep depression. So make sure to never ever expect anything from anyone just become the person you want others to be for you.

7- Seek Love within yourself:

We all go looking for love in all the wrong places. If you just look within, start loving yourself before the world, trust me! There’s no better love that this one According to shams of tabreez: “if you want to the change the way others treat you, you should first change the way you treat yourself. Unless you learn to love yourself, fully and sincerely, there is no way you can be loved. However, be thankful for every thorn that others throw at you. it is a sign that you will soon be showered in roses.”

Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!

Author: Mahnoor Tahsin

Mahnoor Tahsin is a media student who loves spirituality, capturing beauty and spreading positivity. Event Organizer, motivational writer and a media person,she tries to write articles which can benefit the readers.

SHARE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here