Below are 17 simple ways to remix your life. These ideas are centered around capturing human growth and potential. When you try new things, you grow. When you grow and progress, you realize how awesome and capable you are. Hence, badassery. Be prepared to surprise yourself.
Don't stop reading now! Keep going and find out how to start changing your life.
1. Wear sunglasses on a cloudy day.
2. Talk to someone with whom you think you have nothing in common. They might surprise you. Genuinely and open-mindedly exchange ideas and gain someone else’s perspective. You might be surprised at what you learn. Untested assumptions are often wrong.
3. Deliberately do something that scares you. Is it speaking at a meeting? Being honest with yourself about something that has been repressed and in denial?
4. Pretend to be someone you admire. Think of the person you admire most and why you look up to that person. For a day, act in the way that person would act. If you admire his resiliency the most, just for a day, refuse to let setbacks bother you.
5. Buy something for someone. A cup of coffee for the person behind you at Starbucks?
6. Work extra hard at something you’ve never worked hard on. Give special attention to… cleaning, being a good spouse, studying, being a good son/daughter…etc.
7. Reward yourself. Take it easy for a day. Treat yourself to something special. Eat a lollipop. All the cool kids are doing it.
8. Track things. For a day, track everything you eat, exactly how you spend your time, and your emotional level. Refer to this log the next day and see what you can improve.
9. Be silly. Allow yourself to have fun and dance wildly.
10. Wake up 15 minutes earlier. Sometime before you head out the door, take time to just sit still and make a wish for the day. Keep that intention in mind as you go throughout your day. Write it down if you’re forgetful.
11. Give something besides change to a panhandler. A book? A rose? Lunch?
12. Randomly tell a loved one you love them. In the middle of the day. In the middle of the night.
13. Be really honest with someone. Be intelligently confrontational and let someone know they are disrespecting you.
14. Attend a new Meetup—alone. Make new friends.
15. Make a time capsule video for yourself. Don’t worry, no one has to see it. For 5 minutes, talk to the camera as if no one was watching. Express how you feel about your current situation in life and where you hope to be in a year, or two. Set a date and time a year from now and review your progress. You might surprise yourself one day when you stumble upon this video.
16. Make concrete plans to actualize your bucket list…. Or make a bucket list.
17. Think of 5 reasons right now why you are a badass motherf*****. I know you’re hard on yourself. Everyone is. You’re awesome, beautiful, smart, and amazing.
|Written on 7/20/2013 by Connie Shih. Connie Shih is a personal development writer at www.curioses.com. She enjoys lifting weights and analyzing human motivation.|
Photo Credit: himmelskratzer