Seven years ago I came across this list.I don’t recall where it came from but I do know that I couldn’t agree with even one of these statements. In fact, I found the very idea of anyone being able to agree with most of them absurd. I thought, “You gotta be kidding me! Who really goes through life THAT friggin’ happy?” For some reason, I kept the list.
Over the years, I made it a goal to change myself or my life to eventually be able to say all of these statements with complete sincerity and heartfelt gratitude. I am surprised and pleased to realize I have finally succeeded with most of them.
I still struggle with #19 sometimes. And, I’m not exactly sure if it’s such a bad thing to need to compete with others (#10) since competition is a great motivator. But, other than that, I’ve pretty much achieved the rest thanks to my new career as a writer. I’m lovin’ it!
And, so, I present this list to you in the hopes that maybe it will inspire you, too, to do whatever it takes so that you can, in the not-too-distant future, likewise, enjoy all of these great things, too.
25 STATEMENTS TO HAPPINESS
- Most of the time, I have a great time!
- I am content with my professional career.
- I listen to my inner feelings and let them guide me.
- Every day, I laugh and smile a lot.
- I rarely become annoyed or angry.
- People in general like me and my company.
- I don’t get easily afraid of anything.
- I rarely feel stressed out.
- I adapt easily to changing circumstances.
- I don’t feel the need to compete with anybody.
- My life is a great adventure and so much fun!
- I don’t spend much time worrying.
- The world is beautiful and full of opportunities.
- I sleep very well at night and wake up refreshed.
- I usually focus on the solutions and not the problems.
- I feel relaxed most of the time.
- I know my abilities and feel confident most of the time.
- I feel mostly fine, even when I’m alone.
- I have no regrets over past mistakes.
- To me, arguments are a waste of time.
- I’m always open to new ideas and concepts in my life.
- I live the way I choose and I let others do that, too.
- I don’t blame or intimidate others to get what I want.
- If I’m not happy about something, I take the initiative to change it.
- I like myself the way I am.
I know, I know. Crazy to be able to be this happy, isn’t it? But, I am. And, you can, too. Just keep your eyes on the prize. Do whatever you need to do to get there from here. And, never, ever give up. Be awesome! Be your own hero!