Seven years ago I came across this list. I don't recall where it came from but I do know that I couldn’t agree with even one of these statements. In fact, I found the very idea of anyone being able to agree with most of them absurd. I thought, “You gotta be kidding me! Who really goes through life THAT friggin’ happy?” For some reason, I kept the list.
Over the years, I made it a goal to change myself or my life to eventually be able to say all of these statements with complete sincerity and heartfelt gratitude. I am surprised and pleased to realize I have finally succeeded with most of them.
I still struggle with #19 sometimes. And, I’m not exactly sure if it’s such a bad thing to need to compete with others (#10) since competition is a great motivator. But, other than that, I’ve pretty much achieved the rest thanks to my new career as a writer. I’m lovin’ it!
And, so, I present this list to you in the hopes that maybe it will inspire you, too, to do whatever it takes so that you can, in the not-too-distant future, likewise, enjoy all of these great things, too.
25 STATEMENTS TO HAPPINESS
- Most of the time, I have a great time!
- I am content with my professional career.
- I listen to my inner feelings and let them guide me.
- Every day, I laugh and smile a lot.
- I rarely become annoyed or angry.
- People in general like me and my company.
- I don’t get easily afraid of anything.
- I rarely feel stressed out.
- I adapt easily to changing circumstances.
- I don’t feel the need to compete with anybody.
- My life is a great adventure and so much fun!
- I don’t spend much time worrying.
- The world is beautiful and full of opportunities.
- I sleep very well at night and wake up refreshed.
- I usually focus on the solutions and not the problems.
- I feel relaxed most of the time.
- I know my abilities and feel confident most of the time.
- I feel mostly fine, even when I’m alone.
- I have no regrets over past mistakes.
- To me, arguments are a waste of time.
- I’m always open to new ideas and concepts in my life.
- I live the way I choose and I let others do that, too.
- I don’t blame or intimidate others to get what I want.
- If I’m not happy about something, I take the initiative to change it.
- I like myself the way I am.