Depending on your outlook, you will either find this depressing or motivational. A website named the Museum of Conceptual Art has a simple page on its site that allows you to enter your age. After hitting submit, you can see what other people accomplished when they were that same age.
So if you are 23 years old, here are a few of the things others accomplished at that age:
- John Singleton directed his first film, "Boyz 'N the Hood."
- T. S. Eliot wrote "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock."
- English poet Jane Taylor wrote "Twinkle, twinkle, little star."
- Margaret Mead traveled to the South Seas as part of a "giant rescue operation" to study primitive cultures before they perished.
- Truman Capote published his first novel, Other Voices, Other Rooms.
- Orson Welles produced and performed his "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast, terrifying millions of people. He also got his face on the cover of Time Magazine.
- Jack Nicklaus became the youngest golfer to win the Masters.
- Francois-Louis Cailler manufactured the world's first eating chocolate to be commercially produced.
To try it for yourself, go to the Museum of Conceptual Art.