In the past we've done an decent job of telling you how to make money online. Heck between these two posts alone, there are over 100 ways (be sure to read the comments on those posts too).
Now, we're going to make it REAL easy to make some money and learn a ton about managing your money. We're going to hold a little contest and there will be 2 winners. The first place winner can choose between $100 via Paypal or a new iPod Shuffle. The second place winner will receive whichever is leftover.
Here is how to play. It's simple but we really need you to follow these rules:
- On your website or blog, create a new post with your absolute best personal finance advice. This could be something that pertains to credit cards, mortgages, budgeting, etc. It doesn't matter, but it has to be a new post with 250+ words. We are not mandating that you link to Dumb Little Man in your post but it would certainly be appreciated so your readers know about the contest. Maybe they want in!
- Once your post is up:
- Send us an email with the post URL and the name of your site as you want it shown
- The email must be sent to email@example.com
- The subject line must read "$100 post" (no quotes). This will ensure that all submissions are collected correctly
- This must be done by Friday, February 23rd at Midnight (Chicago Time, CST).
- Late submissions cannot be accepted.
- Before we announce any awards, Dumb Little Man will create a post that contains links to all of the submissions so all of the participants can read each others tips. Aside from possibly winning something, it would be nice for all participants and readers to learn a ton about personal finance and find new blogs. This post will be up on Dumb Little Man by February 25th.
- On March 02, we will announce the prize winners. The prize winners will be selected absolutely at random and it will be as sophisticated as dropping all the URLs into a hat and drawing blindly.
- Other rules:
- As you can imagine we're going to get a fair amount of submissions. We are going to read each one and immediately delete anything that is copied from somewhere. This is ridiculously easy to do using Copyscape.
- One submission allowed per site
- No affiliate IDs can be used within your post
- No Pay per Post type reviews or submissions are allowed
- All entries must be on a site somewhere. We cannot accept articles or posts simply emailed in.
- Winners will be notified by email and have 72 hours to acknowledge us or the prize is forfeited and a new winner will be chosen
- $100 award will be paid via Paypal, no alternatives please
- No there is no trophy. That is just a picture.
- Void where prohibited by law (all contests say this right?)
Have questions? Did we forget a rule? Well leave it in the comments and we will address it quickly. This is our first mini-contest so we'll all learn together.
PS - The rules may be a tad different but this contest concept was derived by Darren at Problogger.
photo: Life is Art on Flickr