Here’s a great DIY project for the weekend. Print up a ton of pictures or raid the photo album and follow me. The picture shown below is going to do a better job explaining than me so here’s the picture and the list of things you’ll need.If you decide to take a crack at it, click through to Curbly for the instructions.
I estimate the whole project took me half a day and cost me something like $60 for an 8′ x 4′ area – 28 photo holders. The majority of both the time and cost was for the wood photo boards, something that I now realize were really optional.
Here is what you’ll need for materials:
- picture hanging wire (enough for each span to cover)
- s-hooks – 1″ or 1.5″ open (2 per photo you want to hang, 1 if not using wood photo boards)
- Hunt bulldog clips (1 per photo you want to hang)
- turnbuckles (1 per span of wire; make sure one side is a hook not an eye)
- splicing sleeves (2 per span of wire)
- screw eyes (2 per span of wire)
- Thumb tacks (1 per photo to hang, only needed is if using wood photo boards)
- Some thin slats of wood cut a bit larger than the photos you want to display (1 per photo to hang)
The tools you will need:
- Drill and small drill bit
- Saw (to cut the wood photo holders)
- Sandpaper (to sand the wood photo holders)
- Paint brush and stain (if you want to finish the wood photo holders)
Ready to give it a shot? Go to Curbly for the instructions..