Make Money on the Internet: Part 2
A few of you may remember our October 2006 post regarding the multiple ways of making money on the internet.
We’ve recently come across several more ways to make a little coin online. We’ve used the same rules as qualifiers that I will recap here:
What’s NOT included: Taking Surveys, Get Paid to Surf the Internet, MLM, Programs with a ton of negative user experiences (based on researching forums, googling them, etc.), Contest Sites, “Buy my DVD, CD, Audiobook”, etc.
What IS included: Things you can use to legitimately make money online. Everything from product reviews to writing code, creating videos.
So with that, here we go:
- ReviewMe – In order to participate, you must have a blog and it has to be active. Companies go to ReviewMe to advertise a product and ReviewMe asks their members to write a review of the product in exchange for cash.In regards to ethics, ReviewMe mandates that the blogger/site owner indicate that they are being compensated to write the review AND the advertiser cannot insist on a positive review. This is the opposite of other similar services that don’t mandate trustworthy behavior. Ultimately the goal is to spread the word honestly.You can expect to earn $20 – $200 per review that you write.
- Revver – I have no idea how I missed this on the first list. You basically upload your video to Revver and they attach an ad to it. You get 50% of what the ad makes. If any of you have been on YouTube or other video sites, you can easily understand that some videos, even bad ones at times, go viral and thousands of people see it, and your ad! If you want to see a sample of this, here is a link to Revver’s ‘most watched‘ page.
- Vizu – I really like the sound of this one and may try it on Dumb Little Man. Instead of putting ads on your site, you insert polls. You get paid based on the CPM (cost per thousand) that you set. The better positioning on your site, the better you will do. The nice part of this is that everything is embedded into your site allowing visitors to participate without leaving. That is key. PS – I learned about this site today from Digital Inspiration.
- Break.com – Upload your videos and pictures all day. If they like them and place them on their homepage, they will pay you $400 for original videos (you know, snowboarding off a house onto a trampoline and breaking your arm, etc) and up to $2000 for short films. They also have other random contests that pay out $50 a picture.
- CelltradeUSA: Refer your visitors to CelltradeUSA. I wrote about them recently, but they offer an affiliate program now. In short, if people need to get out of a cell phone contract, cell trade helps them by matching them with someone that wants to enter into a phone contact without all the fees.
- Bitwine – If you are an expert or even mildly knowledgeable on something, Bitwine provides a way for you to set a per minute rate and charge people to talk to you in a private meeting space. Bitwine is currently in “beta” so they are waiving fees which at some point will most likely be a % of your earnings. This sounds similar to Ether, which is a service we discussed in July.
- Clickbooth – Clickbooth is a site that blog owners or site owners can join to place Cost Per Action ads on their site. It has a good base of advertisers and is similar to Commission Junction or Linkshare.
- LoudLaunch – This service has not officially launched yet but it’s something to watch. I first learned about this on Micro Persuasion and the consensus seems to be that it is similar to Review Me (which is on this list).
- Rent-A-Coder: As I type this, there are 2,299 requests on this site. These requests are opportunities for coders to earn money. Take on a project, get it done and get paid. I like this concept because Rent-A-Coders doesn’t get paid a thing until you do therefore it is in their best interest to keep you busy.
- Shopping.com – Add widgets to your site that display products based on keywords. For the ultra-skilled, you can even customize the entire user experience by tapping into their API. I guarantee you’ve seen sites with this installed and you never realized it.
By the way, on 11/23/2007, Ways to Make Money on the Internet, Volume 3 was added.